The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

When did you apply? I got 1.99%

I also got 1.99 but I did 72 mos

2.24 at 72 months?

Yes after all this almost not even worth it

Amazing experience with FedChoice they sent the wire within a few hours of signed docs and the deal was done

3 Likes

Navy Federal is offering $200 if you refi your current car loan with them.

Don’t worry about the APR on these. The guy in the picture is wearing a t-shirt with the word Army on it.

2 Likes

Do you think they can get me 22%? I don’t want to underpay!

2 Likes

Army guy just told her the Navy joke: ‘it’s not gay if you’re underway’.

My experience with FedChoice was fine, my dealer was a PITA. It took a while for my membership to get approved, but overall it wasn’t a terrible experience.

My dealer said a wire would take like 3 business days to clear and they also threatened to sell the car ('22 Golf R) out from under me after it arrived. Luckily FedChoice was able to overnight a check and the rest is history I guess.

edit: The secret to getting someone from FedChoice on the phone was to use the “calling about an existing loan” in the phone tree. The “pending application” choice got me stuck in a 4 hour queue.

6 Likes

Also, once you get the membership, they give you access to the member portal where you can send them messages and they get replied too fairly quickly. If you send the message during their working hours, it may take 1-2 hours or so for a reply

3 Likes

Would they release funds to the dealer before membership is approved? (mine is still pending for more than a week)
P.S. I applied for a loan and membership application was done simultaneously. Loan is approved.

Loan was instant approved? For the loan did you sign the documents that they send via docusign?

For the membership just call them on the loan line and tell them you’re ready to proceed with it and they send papers for you to sign within the hour.

Loan was instant approved. I have not received anything via docusign yet. I probably should call them

Yeah so they will probably send membership papers today when you call and then tomorrow morning they should call about the loan and send those papers over.

Did you submit all the paperwork that they ask for?

Yes I submitted all the docs they requested including bill of sale/purchase agreement with the dealer signed.

Did you end up going with them? Anyone know how long their rate lock is?

For Fedchoice it’s 60 days.

1 Like

Sorry, a lease NOOB here trying to buy out my Audi lease. By looking at rates I see FedChoise probably offers the best rate at 2.99% with a 1% Tangerine Foundation discount making it 1.99%. What is the exact process of getting the Auto Loan? I’ve read through the thread and I assume this is it:

1. Apply for the membership (High Yield Checking Account is my pick)
  2. Donate $5 to Tangerine Foundation
  3. Upon Checking Account approval, log in and apply for Auto Loan

However, how do I get the 1% discount? Is it auto-applied or do I have to call them to ensure I get it? Make the donation prior to joining or after? Join Tangerine Foundation - 1% APR discount off posted for new members

2 Likes

So, first, make a $5 donation. Keep the receipt.
Apply for a loan and membership in a combo application. If you get instant approval, upload all of the required documents, then just call them the next day and get everything processed.
I believe the base rate for September is 2.49%. A user did mention it above. 1.99% base was for August, but could be wrong on that.

The 1% in my case I didn’t even call them.They just mentioned it.

1 Like

Thanks, I read this in the thread. But was wondering if it’s the same for Parsons. I may try to apply for both FedChoice and Parsons to lock in the rate before the month ends. My car is spared to arrive mid Oct but not sure if there may be delays from the dealer