The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Just called FedChoice they locked in my new vehicle loan for 72 @ 2.64%.

2 Likes

How long did it take from applying to official approval ?

It was an instant approval, but they did not include the APR only the loan amount and term. They were non-responsive thru their chat so I gave them a call.

Yeah I got instant approval also, but membership pending. I called and she said it takes 7 days to get membership established:( I’m in a hurry, so probly refinance with them

Just finalized Interior Federal Credit Union paperwork for a MYP. Got them to lock a promotional rate of 2.5 and another .5 checking account creation on 96 months. They also had a promo for no payments 90 days.

2 Likes

Promotional rate? Anything you need to do in order to qualify? 2.5% for 96 is dumb low

Time machine it was offered last month I got the app in before they change to the new rates.

@HersheySweet might be worth adding a note that Fedchoice offers 1% rate discount for loan applications within 60 days of becoming a member.

4 Likes

Noted, added to notes. Thank you!

Is that includes 1% new members discount.
Is that for a new car or used car?
Do the rate depends on your credit score like Tier 1 for 700+

I’m not sure, because I’m not a member yet, but I will send in the info shortly.

The rate I got was for a new vehicle and I’m not sure how they approve their loans.

Yes they have 2.64% for 72 for New Vehicles.
If you becomes a member they offer 1% off for first 60 days once you becomes a new member. So you should get it for 1.64% the way I understand.
I became a member yesterday but didn’t apply for loan yet. I have an old Audi financed by another local CU but if there loan rate is low then I can refinance it with them.

1 Like

Is there a minimum donation required for Tangerine Foundation?

If that’s the only way you qualify for membership, yes.
I think it’s 15 dollars.

Hi don’t think it is based on credit tier. Works on new and used cars. I’m buying out my Niro EV lease early because have so much equity from all the credits and rebates and want to have options.

They are super friendly and easy to work with, easier than NWFCU (who were great).

1 Like

It was minimal amount if I remember. I think they actually had a new member promo and added $25 to my account which offset.

I applied for membership online first and donated to Tangerine as part of the process. Then once it went through applied for loan. When applying for loan I included two paystubs and they approved in a few days.

Many thanks for the info! Did you do all of this electronically or did you talk with a loan officer? I have an email in to them with a few questions through their contact us page, but prefer emailing someone directly if possible.

Mine with Fedchoice has all been virtual.
However, it did take me 10 days-2 weeks or so to finish the process after approval.
I also didn’t call them and speed it up as I am still (Omg still) shopping for a vehicle.

I submitted everything electronically and then called after processed with some questions. Found easier to call than hope for contact us, be aware of their hours though

5 dollars min

1 Like