The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Looks like terms and conditions limit new car loans to 60 months. Also is it confirmed that you get the full 1% off your rate as the promotion seems to indicate that their loan floor is 1.99%

1 Like

I just apply online for a used car refinance.
I requested 72 but 60 is fine also.
They ask for DL, payoff letter and car registration.
Lets see what rate I get. I was approved in few minutes. No calls ā€¦

1 Like

Looks like the 60 month limit applies to motorcycles

1 Like

I didnā€™t have any luck with the chat so I had to give them a call to get my rate.

My loan for lease buyout (used) is confirmed at 1.74% for 72 mos. Rate was 2.74% at the time.

4 Likes

Great rate! Iā€™m assuming you initially applied before their current rates? Iā€™m seeing 3.24% for 72 mo for a used car on their website.

Correct. I was actually mad I missed a second lock with NWFCU at 2.19%. If I knew about the discount at fedchoice would have done both there!

Is it possible to take out a car loan if the car is under my wifeā€™s name? (Same household)

Both need to be on the application if you want to be on the loan, Iā€™d think?

Did you confirm the rate?

Approved thru FedChoice but have yet to confirm the rates. I called and waited for 2.5 hrs, had an upcoming meeting and had to hang up. Messaged them thru the portal as well and have yet to hear back.

CS is horrible. I messaged them on 08/10 and they donā€™t answer, been on a call for 3hrs and still 5 people ahead of me

1 Like

Iā€™ve called them a couple times, wait times less than 10 minutes. Todayā€¦ I was one of the 5 ahead of you and still never got through.

My loan is approved, I know the rate, my member application is approvedā€¦just not sure how theyā€™re going to disburse it, which was why I was calling today. My car is supposed to be here some time this weekā€¦

1 Like

The most important thing to remember is - you got the rate.

2 Likes

They didnt come back to me yet

While Fedchoice has good rates and were pleasant to deal with upon approval they have now become a bit of a nightmare. If you are looking to finance and use a dealer in NY or one of the many other states they donā€™t predominantly service, Iā€™d probably look elsewhere; they donā€™t have lein codes that the dealers require and they are not aware that NY is a non title holding state, they still want it within 30 days of the loan being finalized. I am getting mixed responses on weather or not they should be asking for that, it has not been fun.

They may have the best rates as far as I know but there responses are horrible

They were ok with me at first, I think thereā€™s maybe one person who handles all of it but now itā€™s a bit of a s*^t show and theyā€™ve lied so many times Iā€™m losing count. Have you called and spoke with the actual person handling your loan?

It seems that big banks have terrible rates but small credit unions have terrible service and are a sinkhole on your time.

So if you can afford it, maybe paying all cash is the way to go?

Heā€™s never at his desk whenever I ask.
I was told I was approved at 1.99% then next day I was approved at 1.69% and now theyā€™re back at 1.99%.

If you donā€™t take the loan does it have any effect on your credit or credit report @HersheySweet @Ursus