The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

https://www.mountaincrestcu.com/services-tools/tools/rates.html#loan-rates

I have a 30 day lock.

What term, I can’t load this into the spreadsheet due to the fact it doesn’t breakdown term rates.

60months 10char

If anyone else applied like me before IFCU rate changes, they just informed me they are honoring the previous 2.49 for 84-96 months.

Applied to allegacy, they denied me because they couldnt verify my information?

I sent in proof of address, social security and drivers license. Credit report and chexsystems show everything correct. Any idea whats going on?

Should I just apply again and hope the automated system works this time?

No because they’ll run your credit again, I would call.

I didnt even apply for the loan yet. I applied for checking account. Then was planning to open the auto loan. They werent very helpful on the phone they told me to call chexsystems.

1 Like

Fedchoice is saying I’m approved and the approval terms are good for 60 days. But they don’t actually send me anything stating a rate lock or my terms. Is this how fedchoice has been for everyone else?

Yes. You have to call and they will tell you verbally what the rate is.

Typically, it is as-listed on their website, minus 1% for new members.

1 Like

See my post way above for the same exact scenario, and resolution.

How long did it take for approval and what documentation did they need?

Got approved at 2.5% for 96 months, but some issues with membership showed up. They have 2 different departments for loans and membership. If membership is not approved, loan is automatically declined. This is happening to me right now. Will see if I can fix it

I am applying with Parsons FCU right now on the EV rate of 2.49% for 84 mo.
I can report they use Experian for credit processing and I was automatically approved in the web app.
I am now waiting for a callback they say will occur within 24 hours.
I am already a member of the ACC, which should give me access to the CU…

3 Likes

What’s the membership issue? I haven’t dealt with them yet.

Just looked into this. Requires payments to be made from their checking account for the extra .5%. Not a huge deal but an requires an extra step in funding that account.

Don’t know what the issue is. They said I gotta wait for the letter. There is no person to talk about the issue. Good rate but the whole process is disappointing

1 Like

I think it’s .25 discount. That’s what lady told me offering this option

They can run credit a trillion times, it won’t matter.

2 Likes

It matters if you care about your credit.