The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

That’s a myth.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter to me, I have good credit and hate to have it run, period.

If you have an 830, take a hit 825, apply again down to 823, okay big deal - you’ll be fine.

Again, still a no for me.

Just suggesting you base decisions on facts, vs. superstition / urban legend. :slight_smile:

Plus it drives me crazy to see myths repeated over and over and over.

6 Likes

Has nothing to do with either of those things, but thanks.

Not trying to argue (do what you want!), just making sure that other people who read this thread understand how credit actually works.

A strong credit history is worthless if a consumer is unwilling to let anyone look at it whenever they need / want a compelling credit product that helps them achieve a financial objective.

8 Likes

LOL seems like arguing is exactly what you’re trying to do! I didn’t realize you’d be so affected by what I choose to do, others feel the same as well if I need a financial advisor, I’ll be sure to circle back.

I’m unsure of why your taking offense to sound advise. You can and will do whatever you want which it’s your right to do. However as @trism stated sometimes people do/don’t do things off mainstream fallacies.
I personally have had my credit run close to 25 times just this year and it’s done nothing to my score. I only use the score for cars, so I’m not worried as long as your above a 750…anything higher is for your ego.

2 Likes

“advice” - I’m unsure of why you think I’m taking offense? As I stated above my reasons have nothing to do with either of those things, myth or not don’t worry so much about what others do.

Out of curiousity, what are your reasons?

Could you please share your reason why you hate to have your credit run?

Thanks for the spell check…good luck on your quest to 850 lol.

Not something that needs to be posted on a public forum, looks like you’ll have to let your curiosity get the better of you.

Good luck on yours to 600 lol

Thanks friend…I hope I hit 600 as well.

1 Like

Wait y’all are prime, I’m sitting high and dry in the 500 boonies :confused: good thing Santander will still lend me 120k.

$hit I hope I hit a low score that no one has ever achieved before. It’s actually my goal.

Just have someone run your credit, it’ll drop 300 pts and never recover.

6 Likes

Cool maybe I’ll try it twice! :raised_hands:t2: