The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

I’ve just checked a few different states and found a Fedchoice lien code in each DMV database.

What state are you in that the dealer could not find it??

***Update - their response to me was they told me within 24 hrs after the dealer requested it they don’t have the Lein code. If you are not within their jurisdiction avoid them.

Interesting Fed Choice claimed not to have it to give to the dealer and they wouldn’t take the one the dealer gave to them; I’m in NY. First they lied and said NY isn’t electronic lol then they said they only do it for states that are only electronic then she admitted they only have it for a few states and NY isn’t one of them.

1 Like

Any update on parsons? Thinking about using them

After not hearing back from Parsons for some time, I finally was able to reach the loan officer and was told my application was approved but put on hold pending membership application. Granted, nobody contacted me, via any methods, to advise me of such. But, apparently the trick is to apply for membership first and then apply for the loan. Other way around and you wind up in jail.

Process is moving along now, hope to close next week.

3 Likes

Oh that makes sense, I preemptively applied for my last purchase for membership but things moved so fast I ended up using another bank.
Keep us posted how it goes, I’m already a number so I may end up still using them.

Hey need a loan for 115k ASAP any recommendations been having a hard time actually getting someone on the phone with Americu other then their customer service reps.

I just spoke with a rep at FedChoice and they said they have a discount floor of 1.99%.

1 Like

Yeah I just spoke to them as well. Now they told me 1.99%. Probably would be best to open your membership first and then apply for loans

Hi

not trying to be pushy, but I was wondering if you were able to input the payment saver credit unions.

Thanks so much!

No worries! In the meantime I’d suggest looking in the specific payment saver thread! I’m flying to Dubai tomorrow and have two spreadsheet projects I’m working on, so that will come after the first one which unfortunately has priority

1 Like

How about financing a vehicle through a business? Interest rates through GM, Ford, Ally are all quite high.

Like a business auto loan? I would lock in with a CU before rates go up next month again :saluting_face:

If you think they’re high, just wait until you see what everyone offers for business vehicles!

3 Likes

Depends on the type of business, if it’s a sole proprietorship and the individual is dba, then a personal loan can be used and s179 could still apply depending on the vehicle. It may raise a red flag but straight line depreciation or accelerated depreciation could be used too.

Has anyone completed a loan with FedChoice? It’s really difficult to talk to a person, let alone a loan officer, and worried about going through with this.

Finally got to talk to someone at Fedchoice, been trying for 3 days. Verified rate 2.64 good for 84 months. Still deciding on whether to use a balloon or conventional loan for a Palisade I found at MSRP. Started a membership application with Parsons , talked to a rep and they mentioned it’s taking about 4 days for new memberships to be completed. Being able to reach someone within a few minutes of calling versus waiting hours on the phone with Fedchoice.

I would get the membership first because it gives you access to the member portal where the responses are much quicker. Then apply for the loan. It’s a much smoother process. If you do manage to get a hold of them via phone they do move very quickly. Got membership approved(Yesterday) and loan done(meaning signed today) within a 24 hour span

1 Like

Business auto loans are gonna be through BoA or Chase with personal guarantee. It is very rare for CU to do business since they are member focused.

4 Likes

I’m in hell with them that’s all I have to say.

1 Like

Ugh. I have a new car loan approval I’m going to let expire just because I won’t be ready in time. I’m thinking it’s for the best. Makes me feel better about the credit pull :joy:

1 Like