The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

I’m in hell with them that’s all I have to say.

1 Like

Ugh. I have a new car loan approval I’m going to let expire just because I won’t be ready in time. I’m thinking it’s for the best. Makes me feel better about the credit pull :joy:

1 Like

LOL it’s a gift, I’m not kidding they are not for the faint at heart. They’ve delayed me two weeks and it turns out they never did a loan in NY. I literally had to hold their hand , call DMV and tell them what to do it’s a massive s*%t show ! Although to be fair if you’re in their jurisdiction it MAY be ok :expressionless:

I’m in NY(nyc specifically) and they just did my loan for a refinance,so what issue are they giving you?

Yes now that they know how after using me as a Guinea pig!

1 Like

DId your loan fund successfully?

Allegedly, I signed off on it but that means nothing to me just yet so we’ll see. I was unable to go through the dealer because they don’t have a lein code, so I now have to goto DMV; not a horrible thing but I really do not want to deal with that especially since NY DMV is telling me it can’t be done in person and has to be mailed in which completely contradicts what their website says :roll_eyes:

Side note: If anyone already has a loan with them, I don’t see a way to do auto pay maybe I am missing something?

I signed off but I’m confused if they are mailing the check to me or BMWFS. Do you know who they mail the heck too?

I have BMWFS if no dealer involved it goes to the address on the payoff letter.

1 Like

I checked their member eligibility. I think I’d have to go with #3 which is a donation to their foundation to be eligible to join. Are there any tricks to becoming a member?

Nope, I did the same option. Made only a 5 dollar donation

Thanks for the reply, it’s good to know I can donate 5 to become a member

I just did a car loan with fechoice. Hold time on the phone was long but everything was pretty straight forward. Sent purchase order on saturday. Recieved a call today from them, signed all the paperwork and was told that they will overnight the check today. Lets see, so far no complains.

The Fedchoice auto loan process has been extremely time-consuming since the instant approval within the first 24 hours. It has the best rate so hopefully all works out at the end.

I’m surprised you were able to get the check issued to you. I was told Fedchoice needed dealer’s “wire” information and I’ve been waiting for the next step for over 5 days.

On call now trying to figure out how to proceed as the car is ready at the dealership waiting for pickup.

I was told check would be faster as they can overnight it but wire would take longer to process for some reason as they need more information. Just recieved an email saying congrats. I am not sure if check has been issued as I asked them to send me the fedex number so i can also track when the dealer recieved the check. Lets see.

1 Like

Possible new financing hack discovered today… Credit Union of New Jersey will MATCH competing loan rates. In fact, they told me today they would match the Parsons or Fedchoice rates. Still waiting for information on the process.

9 Likes

After 20 min waiting, finally got the e-paper to sign & confirmed the rate of 1.49. I also asked for the check to be mailed instead of wire as it’s the extra assurance I’ll bring the payment to the dealer in person. Thanks for the tip!

The loan paper looks all good and shocked by how low the rates are given the market today.
Good luck everyone! If you are patient & don’t mind little back and forth, Fedchoice is a great place to get the lowest rate today.

2 Likes

When did you apply to get that rate?

It was the rate from the end of July (28th or 29th) when the advertised rate was 1.99%. So it was an extra .5% for me. It seems there is a promotional discount of 1% for new members right now so my guess it’s 2.49% - (1% promotional).

I didn’t get the full loan amount I wanted and got 75% only but the rate was something I couldn’t pass.

1 Like

I got a bit under the 2.49 for 72 mos and the 1.99 for 60 beginning of this month.