The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Which trim?

1 Like

Looking good rates from CU for 36,48 or 60 months?
TIA

My coworker just closed his Tower FCU 72 months at 3.49. This was after they closed the loan app for inactivity, even though it was their inactivity. In the end, they rectified and funded the loan in 24 hours, but he went through a hell of a time getting it across the finish line.

GT Premium A10 w/ 401A package, Brembo Brakes, Active Exhaust, and Nite Pony Package.

Got denied from Campbell for not living in the TriState area. Waiting to hear back from US Senate CU.
Tower Credit Union starts at 6.5% LOL…these rates are worse than I was expecting…

Wassup LH - I drank enough beer on a Thursday that I got around to updating the spreadsheet.

Added -

United States Senate FCU (As low as 3.24% on 24, 3.74% on 60)

Commonwealth one (DMV only) (As low as 3.24% on 24, 3.74% on 60)

13 Likes

For United States FCU if you join via that American Consumer Council, use promo code " USSFCU" for a free membership(takes $8.00 off) ! :sweat_smile:

A lot of credit unions on the east coast accept you if you have a ACC membership.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update! FYI for Campbell CU, I am a member of the American Consumer Council, living in Texas. I was denied for “you have to either work for Campbell Soup or its subsidiaries or live in the tri-state area meaning NJ, PA, and delaware.”

2 Likes

You should have told them that you eat soup several times per week :joy:

4 Likes

Updated, thank you!

Online application for Commonwealth One seemed easy enough. I selected that I live/work in the Washington DC area. Got denied this morning due to ineligibility. Again, I live in TX (so I’m not surprised)

Just checked IBD Global. There are requirements to join. Not just $50. I was going to apply, they have 5% but I don’t qualify to join.

Yeah im going to remove them, just double checked - thanks for the info!

also looking for a loan to buyout ID.4 so what is your final choice?

Still working on a final bank but I’ll have an update soon.

I got approved at USSFCU for the lowest advertised rate. It took less than a week from account creation to loan approval. Great experience overall.

10 Likes

Does anyone know of any credit unions or banks in the Chicagoland area with decent rates for used cars right now?

1 Like

Another fed hike, suggest getting some allocations now for pre approvals if you’re shopping this month.

4 Likes

Sorry I didnt understand this, do you mean buyers can get pre qualified like NOW at lower rates before the hike goes into effect ?

Yes you can apply for a loan before finding a car - and have a bit of cushion time to do so.

Doing that to lock in a rate on a loan now before rates increase means you save money.

1 Like

I got declined by USSFCU, not really sure why. I got good credit score 830 and uploaded the docs and certificate of ACC membership. Called them and they said they can’t disclose any info, any thoughts?

When they asked why do I want to join, I put apply for a loan as the answer.