The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

3.44 but you gotta read the disclosure. click on the link.

Not to be a hardass but clicking the link wouldā€™ve been easier than typing a whole post :joy:

6 Likes

Actually probably much faster to type that question than to click, read and hope to find the rates on an unknown website. :slight_smile:

So you havenā€™t clicked the link either :rofl:

1 Like

the link doesnā€™t contain what other might think it containsā€¦ :wink:

On my phone, the 60 to 72 was just at the bottom. Had to scroll for refinance rates.

Now my eyes and fingers are tired. :smiley:

Tesla purchase in Texas.
Any recommendations on financing?

how many months you looking for?
You can join towers by making a donation if you donā€™t qualify

2 Likes

Thanks. Looking at the rates Iā€™ll take 60 months @3%
Where to make a donation and qualify?

Edit - got it :wink:

1 Like

I believe 5.24 includes member level discount but doesnā€™t include energy discount.

1 Like

My car is finally arriving to the dealer tomorrow. The gamble paid off locking the IFCU rate of 84 months at 3.3% and no payments for 90 days. Iā€™ve had the credit union cashierā€™s check since 12/28.

4 Likes

Congrats manā€¦ glad it all worked out. I got 3.50% for 96 months from them last month.

1 Like

Another CU with good rates and even better used rates starting at 2.74%. Can be eligible after paying $5 donation.

https://www.gcfcu.org/Consumer-Rates#Auto

11 Likes

They donā€™t list the term/rate. Likely that 2.49% is T1 and 36/48 months or something like that and they go all the way up to to 13.24%.

I would expect that rates will come down a point or two by this summer as the economy grinds to a halt. Throw in another 300k or so tech layoffs at $75-100k+ salary points and 2.49%-60/72 will be back by fall.

1 Like
  • There are quite a few ways to join this and rates are pretty low.
3 Likes

Which might I remind you is still lower than most prime rates offered at most lenders at this time.

Of course, nothing to remind anyone of. My point was that is probably for 36 or 48 months with T1. Gone are the days of 2.49 and below for 72 or 84 months.

Do you know who they use for credit checks?

Sorry, I donā€™t. They do have the same portal/website for applying like other credit unions, donā€™t know if that could mean anything?

2.49% if you qualify, not sure if thereā€™s a back door option

1 Like