That is not how this place works! (c) 28firefighter

Hello, I have not seen where I can facilitate a new post…?
How can I start my own topic?

From the banner at the top of the page:
“This forum implements an anti-spam feature that requires newly registered members to read a handful of posts before posting.”

You need to read and contribute to some existing threads before you can make your own. Use this time to try and search to find the answers you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. I actually deleted that banner… So what steps do I have to do just search & make a few quality post?

I have a question when you guys go to deal on a lease do you try and negotiate by payment of the actual cap cost of the vehicle,
(From I am reading you can not change the Money Factor or the Residual correct?)

1 Like

Some dealers may increase the money factor to make additional profit, so I would not conclude that it’s not negotiable. MF will vary by credit score and model. You can get the MF and RV through asking on Edmunds dot com. RV will depend on miles, credit, and model. For some models, the higher the trim level, the lower the RV for a given mileage. Math-wise, depreciation (net cap cost minus residual) has the highest impact on monthly payment. The best deals seem to have a high MSRP and high RV resulting in low cap cost and low depreciation.

3 Likes

Thats exactly why new members sign up - help to get best lease deal possible ?

3 Likes

Thank you I had the same question. I am interested in leasing but trying to learn as much as possible before going into a dealership.

1 Like

how do i post a question on the forum?

1 Like

New to this forum. I am learning so much, perhaps I could have done better if I new about it long time ago. Leased a vehicle every 2 years on average over the past 18 years. I thing that I have noticed is that MF, atleast in my case, are never negotiable. i have tried time and time again, but with no success. i also tried to negotiate the amount at the end of the lease if you choose to purchase the vehicle. You are dead on of what impacts the most the monthly payment. great thread. thank you for posting

If they are already giving you the buy rate MF, then yes, it is not negotiable. However, many dealerships will mark up the MF, in which case it is an item that could be negotiated. The cost at the end of lease if you choose to purchase the vehicle (aka the residual value) is set by the bank and cannot be negotiated.

1 Like

I was not aware about the buy rate. Again this is why I love tom learn here.

Yep leasing is so much different than buying … I’m learning a lot thanks to the awesome people on this forum…

I think one of my favorite things I heard on this forum was “what’s your standard markup from buy rate”, throw that one at them next time.

2 Likes

For the newcomer, it is a bit difficult to imagine Exactly How This Place Works. Nevertheless it is a big source of information. I admit I am confused by all the formulas being used. I wonder why it is not good enough to see what deals leasehackers are getting, and then just go to the local dealers and say thats what I want. 360/ month, Zero DAS. Am I way off base here?

Yes, for multiple reasons. Some are listed below:

1. The deal could have been done in a different region, and for some manufacturers, deals will vary greatly by region. Incentives could vary, the individual could have qualified for rebates that you don’t qualify for, etc.

2. Numbers change from month to month, so a deal that was done last month may be impossible to obtain this month.

3. Some deals are obtained because a dealership needs to meet a quota, etc. and a different dealership would have no reason to replicate those numbers.

4. Most dealerships aren’t going to look at the numbers you bring in from an online forum and go “yeah, we’ll match that”. In my experience, it was hard to even get a dealership to match or beat an actual quote from a different dealership.

I suggest perusing the information in the Leasing 101 section of this site, as some of the terms/equations may be somewhat confusing from the get-go. However, once you understand how leasing works, and if you are willing to invest some time, you can work toward obtaining a great deal. Alternatively, there are plenty of brokers on this site that you can pay to do the work for you.

4 Likes

Thank you. I just created an account and pressed every button possible trying to post a new thread.

Hi! Can someone advise if this deal is unrealistic? I’ve called mulitple Jeep Dodge Chrysler dealerships:

2018 Jeep Wrangler
4x4
automatic transmission
hard top
Total price on the window sticker is $40,325

I’m trying to get: 12K miles, $1K drive off (would do $1,500), Less than $370 monthly payment. Is that too unrealistic?

A dealer in Anaheim, CA said he could work with his manager to get me $1,500 drive off $375/monthly with tax included.

I currently have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and my lease is up in a month. However it’s end of the month (conveniently falling on a weekend) so I feel like now is a good time. I called Chrysler and my current payoff is $18,927. KBB 's trade in value is $18,649.

I’m not the most savvy leaser so have spent time doing some research, asking friends, but I’m running low on time.

Much appreciated all!
Jenn

Hi
off topic
my name is Paul from stellar auto
I registered about a month ago and have not received any notification
how could I find out what happened next ?

Thank you

@michael

:+1:

Hi…new here…hoping to contribute

1 Like