That is not how this place works! (c) 28firefighter

For the newcomer, it is a bit difficult to imagine Exactly How This Place Works. Nevertheless it is a big source of information. I admit I am confused by all the formulas being used. I wonder why it is not good enough to see what deals leasehackers are getting, and then just go to the local dealers and say thats what I want. 360/ month, Zero DAS. Am I way off base here?

Yes, for multiple reasons. Some are listed below:

1. The deal could have been done in a different region, and for some manufacturers, deals will vary greatly by region. Incentives could vary, the individual could have qualified for rebates that you donā€™t qualify for, etc.

2. Numbers change from month to month, so a deal that was done last month may be impossible to obtain this month.

3. Some deals are obtained because a dealership needs to meet a quota, etc. and a different dealership would have no reason to replicate those numbers.

4. Most dealerships arenā€™t going to look at the numbers you bring in from an online forum and go ā€œyeah, weā€™ll match thatā€. In my experience, it was hard to even get a dealership to match or beat an actual quote from a different dealership.

I suggest perusing the information in the Leasing 101 section of this site, as some of the terms/equations may be somewhat confusing from the get-go. However, once you understand how leasing works, and if you are willing to invest some time, you can work toward obtaining a great deal. Alternatively, there are plenty of brokers on this site that you can pay to do the work for you.

4 Likes

Thank you. I just created an account and pressed every button possible trying to post a new thread.

Hi! Can someone advise if this deal is unrealistic? Iā€™ve called mulitple Jeep Dodge Chrysler dealerships:

2018 Jeep Wrangler
4x4
automatic transmission
hard top
Total price on the window sticker is $40,325

Iā€™m trying to get: 12K miles, $1K drive off (would do $1,500), Less than $370 monthly payment. Is that too unrealistic?

A dealer in Anaheim, CA said he could work with his manager to get me $1,500 drive off $375/monthly with tax included.

I currently have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and my lease is up in a month. However itā€™s end of the month (conveniently falling on a weekend) so I feel like now is a good time. I called Chrysler and my current payoff is $18,927. KBB 's trade in value is $18,649.

Iā€™m not the most savvy leaser so have spent time doing some research, asking friends, but Iā€™m running low on time.

Much appreciated all!
Jenn

Hi
off topic
my name is Paul from stellar auto
I registered about a month ago and have not received any notification
how could I find out what happened next ?

Thank you

@michael

:+1:

Hiā€¦new hereā€¦hoping to contribute

1 Like

How to create new topic \ thread here?

looking to make a new thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: Porsche lease quote

How do I ask a lease question? I am new user.

Search first, most likely it has been answered before. Then you can create a new topic under ā€œAsk the hackrsā€

1 Like

Thanks for responding, I just do not see a button or a link that will allow me to post a question.

New users need to spend some time browsing/reading before they are allowed to create new topic.

I would like to see new users submit sample topics before final approval. Would avoid lot of hurt and confusion.

1 Like

Apologies if Iā€™m in the wrong place but wanted to check here before making a topic.

Is there a specific place where I would ask about what my best options are for a given price range? For example, if I list out how much I want to pay per month, my location, miles wanted, down payment wanted etc. wanting to see which models people suggest to research?

Thank you for any help.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/please-post-wanted-ads-here

ā€œAsk the hackrsā€ if you are willing to do work and share potential deals, or Wanted Ads if you just want to sit back and wait.

X2. And search the forum but donā€™t feel shy about starting a topic.

Question re 1% rule. I am looking at leasing a corvette for 36 months , 10k miles a year. The only money out of pocket is for the first month payment. Without getting into the residuals, MF etc I have calculated that the deal would be .0012 (MSRP of $63,965.00 divided by payment of $779.00 which does include florida tax). It sounds pretty close to the informal 1% rule but I wanted to get others opinions.