Tesla Model Y Calculations -- Need your advice $550~ month

good catch. I confused them

case in point

They are listed as a participating dealer!

Same here, but in NorCal. So… :man_shrugging:

OP - just get what you want and roll the dice :grin:

This post needs :popcorn::popcorn:

lol I didn’t realize this post would get so popular.

have the people who really think Y is a mommy car driven one? seen one up close other than on the road? it’s unusual but damn the design is pretty subtle over the 3… I prefer sportier cars as a single dude etc but I think that black on black on black model Y looks sexy.

honestly though it does seem like the car market overtime will head towards the cell phone market… one high end vertically aggregated player (direct purchase, insurance, maintainnance, self-driving, charging network, eventual robo-taxis) at the top (Tesla) and everyone else trying to scrounge up shit at the bottom… the bottom will obviously be a larger market-size but honestly getting inside of a regular car after a Tesla is shocking to me… even the most luxury ones like Audi, BMW just feel like hot garbage.

the other thing that was truly shocking to me was BMW charging a monthly subscription for Apple CarPlay… putting a UI of another company on a dumb screen and charging monthly… I was so mad when I found out about that. these car companies will struggle to solve software and Tesla is A+ at it already with updates etc. And self-driving data will re-inforce dominance, no one is collecting more data to improve self-driving than Tesla.

@strosrock

I guess I need to clarify.

1. I’m 33. My wife is 28.
  2. We have no kids or plan to have them.
  3. It fits our needs for our 3 dogs perfectly.
  4. It allows us to transport dogs from the rescue we volunteer at with ease.
  5. We’ve received compliments on it from both men and women
  6. It’s a blast to drive.
  7. My masculinity is unaffected when I’m behind the wheel.

Opinions aside, drive what you enjoy most and no one’s opinion will matter.

1 Like

You’ve clearly made up your mind. You still need your imaginary friends on the internet to hold your hand while you sign on the dotted line?

5 Likes