Tesla model 3: what are the lease numbers?

Shows what I know about Tesla :joy:

Definitely cracked. I had thought not until the end of the year. Congrats.

First Production
310 mile range, Rear Wheel Drive and premium upgrades
$49,000
any color other then black +1000
ditch ugly wheels +1500
add self driving (Some times) $5000

You forgot the premium package for $5k.

Model 3ā€™s do not lease. Period. They just donā€™t do it, finance or cash only at this point.

In addition, the everyone pays the same price is also a marketing gimmick. They discount in stock cars severely, especially at the end of the quarter. The car doesnā€™t even have to be a demo or have any miles on it. As long as itā€™s at the store, you can get a nice discount on it depending on the sticker.

Employees have insane deals (especially lease deals on the S and X). Like a $110k Model S leases for like $600 with nothing due at signing if you work at Tesla and get an in stock unit.

my car with premium was 50k I passed on wheel upgrade as I will do after market.
I also passed on auto pilot for $5k

I just want to know who did 72 months for 2% best I have seen is 2.5

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

There is a plan to release a $35K version of the model 3, but no itā€™s not currently available. Those that are waiting for that probably wonā€™t get it until the end of the year at the earliest.

Cars that are delivered now have a starting price of $49k.

$35K base price
$9k long range battery (310 miles)
$5K premium package (nicer seats, glass roof, premium sound and a bunch of other stuff)

Then like someone else mentioned, any color other than black is an extra $1k, 19" wheels are $1.5K and autopilot is $5k.

I went all out and got everything other than full self driving (which doesnā€™t exist yet).

Point Loma credit union is offering 2% interest rate for 66 months if you do auto pay and open a bank account and enable direct deposit. The awesome thing is you donā€™t even need to do direct deposit from your work, it just needs to be a bank transfer every month for the amount of your loan and then itā€™ll autopay out of that account. When I went in I had a nice surprise that they offered 72 months because I got an extra discount for getting an EV (the rate canā€™t be less than 2%). They also offered 1.5% for 48 months, but thereā€™s no way I could afford that for such an expensive car. John at the Rancho Bernardo location was awesome. I was in and out in literally 45 minutes with opening the accounts and everything.

So whatā€™s your sticker? Be brave, spill it :slight_smile:

Oh cool thanks not far from me soon as I get my Vin I will go thereā€¦Thanks.

All tesla are basically priced the same. 55k - 60k minus 10k in from rebates. Basically a loaded 3 series price

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard anything like that. Thatā€™s pretty cool for them if true. As for the Model 3, there are no ā€œin stockā€ or ā€œdemoā€ cars. The second the car is completed at the factory the VIN number is assigned to someone and shipped out. Thereā€™s only a handful of cars at the Tesla stores on display around the country but I donā€™t anticipate those will be sold any time soon. As for used cars, since the Model 3 is so rare still, used cars go for at or above MSRP.

I think you can do the math, but itā€™s $57500 with the $1k delivery/doc fee.

35000(base)+5000(PUP)+9000(LR)+1000(color)+1500(wheels)+5000(EAP)+1000(delivery/doc)

welcome! Hope it works out! I contacted them as soon as I configured. Technically they have a 30 day lock, but theyā€™ll hold it for 60 days. With interest rates going up, I would try to lock in ASAP.

Keep in mind $2500 is a ca rebate, you can only get $7500 if you have that tax liability. I think you need to make over 60 or 70s agi off the top of my head, might be even more

yea thatā€™s true. If youā€™re buying a $50K car, Iā€™d hope that you qualify for the full $7500. I make more than enough to qualify and even I have a hard time justifying such an expensive car.

Also for anyone expecting to get the $2500 CA rebate, thereā€™s actually a max gross income for qualifying as well, so you kind of half to be in that happy medium between the federal and state requirements.

Exactly. We have managed 2 1% lease deals a MS P90DL and a MX P100DL using those showroom/demo discounts. (comes up to 50% off the leases)

1 Like

Wow. Can you share the deal specifics, especially DAS and monthly?

Obviously, it doesnā€™t work for the Model 3 right now. Thereā€™s a rumor going on that Model 3 employee leases will be in the 200-300/mo range when they finally finish shipping pre-orders and they start leasing model 3ā€™s. Yeah, people want stupid amounts of money for used Model 3ā€™s right now. Itā€™s crazy.

Thereā€™s a guy in NC just looking to flip his for 0 profit. Says he bought a model S instead. Not sure why he didnā€™t just cancel his reservationā€¦seems like a hassle doing it this way.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=481523120&zip=15239&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D15239%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DTESMOD3%26makeCodeList%3DTESLA%26searchRadius%3D300&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=TESMOD3&makeCodeList=TESLA&searchRadius=300&makeCode1=TESLA&modelCode1=TESMOD3

MSRP on this one should be $57,500. With sales tax it could be $59,500. What they are doing is pocketing the $7500 federal tax credit. That is why it is worth the hassle to them.

2 Likes