Tesla model 3: what are the lease numbers?

yea that’s true. If you’re buying a $50K car, I’d hope that you qualify for the full $7500. I make more than enough to qualify and even I have a hard time justifying such an expensive car.

Also for anyone expecting to get the $2500 CA rebate, there’s actually a max gross income for qualifying as well, so you kind of half to be in that happy medium between the federal and state requirements.

Exactly. We have managed 2 1% lease deals a MS P90DL and a MX P100DL using those showroom/demo discounts. (comes up to 50% off the leases)

1 Like

Wow. Can you share the deal specifics, especially DAS and monthly?

Obviously, it doesn’t work for the Model 3 right now. There’s a rumor going on that Model 3 employee leases will be in the 200-300/mo range when they finally finish shipping pre-orders and they start leasing model 3’s. Yeah, people want stupid amounts of money for used Model 3’s right now. It’s crazy.

There’s a guy in NC just looking to flip his for 0 profit. Says he bought a model S instead. Not sure why he didn’t just cancel his reservation…seems like a hassle doing it this way.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=481523120&zip=15239&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D15239%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DTESMOD3%26makeCodeList%3DTESLA%26searchRadius%3D300&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=TESMOD3&makeCodeList=TESLA&searchRadius=300&makeCode1=TESLA&modelCode1=TESMOD3

MSRP on this one should be $57,500. With sales tax it could be $59,500. What they are doing is pocketing the $7500 federal tax credit. That is why it is worth the hassle to them.

2 Likes

you beat me to it :slight_smile: There’s a few people on the Model 3 forums doing that. Technically they’re not supposed to qualify for the federal tax credit if the car bought just for the purpose of reselling, but since there’s no way to prove that, it people are doing it anyway.

1 Like

Saw first Model 3 in NoVa today. White one.

1 Like

awesome. What’d you think?

There are already 6 at my work not including mine and I still get excited every time I see one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought about you :grin:

1 Like

And I thought about him when I saw my first one in mass an hour ago. looks like the virus is spreading

1 Like

I have a feeling they’re going to replace the 3-series as the Camry of LA.

If Tesla can follow through on their goals, I wouldn’t be surprised if US sales exceed 3-series, A4, and C-Class combined by the year end.

1 Like

The model 3 is cool now, but they are going to be so common that it won’t be cool anymore

hah. I think there will be a ton of Model 3s driving around California, but in a few years there will be so much competition in the luxury EV market that it’ll be short lived to be the most popular EV. In a few years BMW will come out with their 3-series EV and that’ll continue to be everywhere.

yea, fortunately I didn’t get it because it’s cool. I got it because it’s the most fun car I’ve ever driven with the coolest technologies. I thought I’d be at least the first at my building with a Model 3, but even that didn’t turn out to be true. :frowning: If nothing else at least it’s going to encourage investment in EV charging infrastructure, which is a win for everyone.

2 Likes

Good joke, Tesla isn’t even capable of making that many model 3s.

Enjoy the car. Beautiful color. Also, thank you for investing and paying msrp to further develop this technology. It will help the future and make it cheaper for the masses. In 2 years @vhooloo might get them for 99 dollars a month leases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I won’t get them for 99 a month but I am pretty sure in 2 years a used first month Model 3 will go for 20k.

1 Like

ahhhh…that makes sense. wasn’t thinking about that.

Maybe not the LR PUP ones. But the 35k ones when they start making them… YES.

Tesla will probably never do subsidized leases, but hopefully they will get better naturally. Turning loaners/demos into leases is a good way to save on their leases.

They will have to eventually subsidize their leases when they are faced with competition. They don’t have much competition now, but in the years to come, if they want to sell, they’ll have to do something.