Tesla Model 3 wait times slashed

Those are what you call suicide seats.

RF third rows are not intrinsically more dangerous than FF third rows, AFAIK. They have been popular in Germany since Mercedes introduced them in their W123 wagons. If you have ever driven in Germany or asked a German friend about drivers ed, youā€™ll know they take safety very seriously and arguably more so than in the US.

The video is about the Tesla rear not cooling down sufficiently (remains 110+ degrees) even with the AC on max for like almost an hour and the front seating area being cooled down to 61 degrees

Iā€™m sure there are many on this board who donā€™t remember the Subaru Bratā€¦

3 Likes

A lot of fresh air, no problem.

I thought you mightā€™ve been in one as a baby cub.

1 Like

My grandmother still drives her Brat!!

1 Like

Itā€™s not the impact that gets you, itā€™s the fire that canā€™t be put out.

1 Like

Looks like a Chicken Tax loophole

1 Like

Priceless - from Tesla Model S to Subaru Brat ā€¦

3 Likes

@ursus hasnā€™t moved any of my posts to the graveyard in a whileā€¦I thought he might need something to do.

Waiting for someone else to pull the trigger since Iā€™ve been off-topping plenty lately also.

This is already the Off-rampā€¦ no harm done if it strays a bit IMO

That was my thought as wellā€¦I was just giving the bear a hard time.

With that said, the point of the Brat was the RF seats. Used to see them everywhere in the 80s.

Here is my take on the model 3 (being a previous model S owner)
Itā€™s not worth 49k+tax even after incentives
I turoā€™d the car for a day to get a feel of it
The interior is so bland and basic it felt more like a 20k car
It drove nice ofc with instant torque and good handling, def more sporty than the S
Given all the quality control issues and Tesla pushing as many 3s out as they can this year Iā€™d highly recommend waiting till the base model comes out next year
Quality should improve, cheaper car, and maybe self driving will be out
Also leasing an electric car is ideal as they change so quickly, kind of like a cell phone
The first gen model S is history, the second gen with autopilot 1 is still doing ok but has old front bumper and no self driving option
The most recent S has new bumper and self driving options but there are rumors of an interior refresh this year (faster UI, new ventilation)
Just my quick take

1 Like

whereā€™s @ng0 with his take? Heā€™s had his for a couple months nowā€¦

Tesla autopilot drove him into sunset.

1 Like

Personally, I donā€™t think the S interior is a 100K car interior either. Definitely not in S class, 7 series or A8 level by a big margin

Comparable to 7 series which is rather humdrum for the segment but the S-class is in another league.

@ng0 has the perfect car for him. He no longer has to bother himself with a site a like this.

I have noticed this is a common thread for many electric cars. Their interiors donā€™t live up to their price points. Seen it said about the Teslas, the Bolt, the Leaf and a few others.

The i3 has a very nice interior and as a result is expensive for you get compared to other EVs. That Mercedes B class EV is the same way. Typical good Mercedes interior but the car was way expensive for what you got.