Tesla Model 3 wait times slashed

EV fans must have the patience of a saint. To have to plan your trips around charging stations and stand there twiddling your thumbs while the car super charge for an hour, crap like that is just making a very efficient mode of transportation less efficient. God bless them, seriously because I just don’t have the patience.

2 Likes

Realistically the vast majority of people don’t take Teslas on road trips. They have a second gas car they use for that like @DanCar who has a minivan.The crap about superchargers is just satisfying range anxiety.

1 Like

That kinda sucks because I would prefer to take my favorite car on long trips.

3 Likes

A lot of things Tesla hypes and Tesla fans think they will use never ever gets used. You know all the marketing over how much a Tesla can tow? Turns out in reality it’s extremely impractical to tow anything with a Tesla.

This guy took a Model X towing a small trailer on a roadtrip and he spent almost as much time charging at superchargers as driving.

Total trip stats:

Towing distance: 1,003 miles (1,033 total)
Number of Supercharger stops: 11
Average stop time: 1 hour, 34 minutes
Average Energy consumption: 612 Wh/mile
Travel time: 40.25 hours (23.02 hours driving, 17.23 hours charging)
Average travel speed: 24.9 mph <— Fucking LOL

This was with a 1250lb trailer, barely over a third of the base Model X’s towing capacity of 3500lbs and a quarter of the upgraded version that’s supposed to tow 5000lbs.

I like Tesla’s because they are so cheap… Oh wait

3 Likes

Quote: For most manufacturers, the brake-and-roll test is used as a time saver to prevent having to physically drive vehicles on a test track, something that requires time, space and personnel. Tesla is currently at a stage in Model 3 production where it feels that it physically needs to have each and every Model 3 that rolls off the line driven on an actual test track to make sure that power, torque, brakes, alignment, and of course squeaks and rattles are within spec. This makes the brake-and-roll test redundant, and a company in the midst of a production ramp like Tesla’s can’t afford redundancies.

Summary: Tesla eliminated the brake-and-roll test because they are using a better test method that other manufacturers have eliminated to cut costs.

Tesla and Musk are automotive gods…the rest are just pretenders. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I wonder where Musk is track testing every car off the assembly. I know that Fremont area well, I don’t think the so call test track inside Tesla facility is capable of testing that kind volume for the stuff mentioned above. Think about 5000 model 3 a week, that is how many minutes per test? That claim is not probably

You guys realize that Tesla is the most shorted stock in the US… bad news is funded by the short positions

3 Likes

I Drove by Tesla facility this morning. I saw a lot of model3s in the parking lot, but I didn’t see model3s lining up for test.

Before the fans say this is Sunday, 5000 car a week, 24/7 testing, that is only 2 minuets per car all in, including driver getting in and it, really can’t do much extensive check. But the facility is definitely not being used this morning. If they are doing 12 hours shift for weekdays only, that is 40seconds per car. I wonder if the claim has any substance at all.

1 Like

How many cars can you fit on a track at a time?

Tesla factory track isnt that big. Width is quite narrow, not somewhere you want to do things side by side. There is a bridge overpass about in the middle too. For acceleration and braking test, I think they can setup 2 sites in the track, on each side of the over pass, one side for acceleration. The other side for braking. Drivers will have to complete half of the track to return to the parking after that. There is another area with some length of bump strips, I guess that is where they do rattle test. Driving through the bump strips will take some time tho. Overall, if every car needs to be tested, I would expect to see a lot of activity there but I don’t. Maybe week day will be different.

Not even close? There’s ~$11 billion short against Tesla and ~$24 billion short against Alibaba.

Alibaba is a chinese company.

2 Likes

Alibaba is listed on the Nasdaq brah.

So…good news must be funded by longs?

1 Like

Please reconsider using the S’s so called 3rd rear facing seat for anything alive in summer.

3 Likes