Tesla Model 3 wait times slashed

Off ramp topic is for off topic discussions. Please ignore if it doesn’t interest you. Personally, I find the first car with small self driving features coming very exciting.

I really wanted to love the Model 3, but it is absolutely boring on the inside.

1 Like

Agree a driver side console would be helpful as would be additional knobs and buttons. I think Elon got ahead of the driverless, voice control curve.

2 Likes

I think the real test is to see if Telsa can keep up these production numbers. They still have legions of loyalists with reservations, some who will be enticed by the discounts to order now and some who are clinging onto the hopes of the $35k base model. Once they supply cars for the first group, will they have enough cash on hand to produce cars for the second group? Only time will tell…

1 Like

Personally I find Elon Musk to be a scam artist. And extremely arrogant, the dude launched a car into space.

If he would shut his mouth, quit over promising and under delivering, and actually hit targets instead of missing them sometimes 2 or 3 times, I’d have more respect for him.

The true test will be how many of the buying public is willing to pony up to an extra 7500 bucks once the fed tax credits start dropping off, with newer options coming online having the full tax credit available.

You can’t be serious.

Like @BoardWalkNJ said…any Tesla forum has people complaining of problems on their newly delivered cars, and we’re not talking about 1 or 2 cars. Munro and Associates trashed the fit and finish as well when dissecting one.

I understand you’re a fan, but let’s be realistic. Fit and finish is not one of Tesla’s strong suits.

You mistake promises for goals. Setting aggressive goals is good. If you’ve followed the company for ten years you would know being late on goals is to be expected. Tesla Model X was late by two years based on initial estimates.

I was a reservation holder that ended up getting a refund. I really like the car and a friend of mine took actual delivery avout 6 weeks ago it’s totally fine. But common sense says to avoid taking one off the line now, and I wanted a cheaper one, which are far off or maybe never coming.

Eventually I’ll be happy to buy a major maker’s ev, and am glad Tesla forced their hand to quicken the pace of development.

1 Like

I think the initial QC of not only the 3 but the more premium S and X as well seems to turn mainstream people off Tesla for the time being. Bugs and launch issues is one thing, but uneven door panels and glass that isn’t cured properly well that’s some Pinto quality crap right there.

2 Likes

Same I did the math with my friend and the current iteration of the model 3 doesn’t make economic sense at all.

Give me the $35,000 model and it makes a ton of sense all of a sudden.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ll go with that if it makes you feel better😁

Any time I miss a deadline at work from now on, I’ll call it a goal instead. Instead of getting fired, I’ll get promoted.

1 Like

What do you think about Tesla Model S having the car with the highest owner satisfaction? A distant second is Porsche.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/10-most-satisfying-cars-owner-satisfaction/

Simple, because majority if not all of S and X owners are NOT cross shopper. They are Telsa fans. I do agree Tesla has its strong quality - stand still acceleration, but that is about it. A cross shopper who want a good car for the money will probably not buy a Tesla S or X

2 Likes

Just the thought of paying a grand for a door handle is enough to keep me away. Tesla has some plusses and drawbacks, but not being able to purchase and/or obtain service from a 3rd party after warranty is not among the plusses IMO.

Not only that, if you were to buy a 2nd hand Tesla within warranty, you, as the owner, won’t even be able to get the service history of the car. What has been fixed, replaced, what recall has been perform … Tesla just won’t release to their owners.

And going by their respective fanboys Apple makes the best phones in the world…

2 Likes

That the only people who drive it are EV fans who don’t care about problems with the car. The Chevy Volt was #1 for CR consumer satisfaction until the Model S came out, and then it was #2 for quite a few years afterwards.

Here are some other things I like about my model S:

1. No vibration
  2. Large 17 inch screen. Makes hitting buttons easy.
  3. Don’t have to stop at gas station and whiff cancerous fumes
  4. Bicyclists smile at you because you are not filling their lungs with carcinogens
  5. My garage door opens and closes automatically
  6. Car pool lane access
  7. 7 passenger seating with two rear facing child seats
  8. Free work place charging
  9. Free Tesla supercharging
  10. When car goes into service, Tesla gives me a nicer car as a loaner and they even deliver my car to me after service is done.
  11. Since I purchased a CPO, I get free warranty service
  12. After you drive a Tesla you realize gas cars don’t smell so good
  13. Google maps navigation in the car is awesome

I’ve owned many cars, but this is by far the best car I’ve owned. Also have an Odyssey and that one is a champ for space and comfort.

1 Like

See, this is what I mean. 10 of the 13 things on your list can be satisfied by any electric car, not just a Tesla. You aren’t judging the car based on its qualities, but merely that it’s an EV.

4 Likes