Tesla Model 3 wait times slashed

Running his mouth was never one of his strong points.

I just realized that Telsa, if they went private, wouldnā€™t have to disclose that they missed production targets or operated at a larger net loss compared to earlier quarters. Might be the easiest way to cover up and avoid letting the short sellers win by not allowing the stock to crater if they missed production targets or announce that they needed additional funding to stay solvent.

Which is worse, human on autopilot or Tesla on autopilot?

Musk also loses his big payday. Rumor has it, this was a ruse to deflect attention. However, if he doesnā€™t have the backing to actually go private now that he said he does, he could have a big class action lawsuit on his hands from the shorts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/teslas-elon-musk-just-invited-big-lawsuit-193337579.html

This will be interesting to see. 70 billion? Is apple getting into the car business? AMZN? Why not buy WV or FCA at least you have established brands. Jeep alone is more valuable than FCA.

The fact that so many grown adults argue with/about negative press on Tesla as if itā€™s their own company or are somehow being hurt by it is amazing to me. Granted, some of the news might not be 100% factual, but there are enough stories to at least deduce from a logical standpoint there is at least some truth to some of these issues.

Iā€™m calling BS on the take-private offer. No one in their right mind would drive the stock price up before actually announcing an offer.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it will happen either. He better hope he at least has the financing in place though.

ā€œHis message followed a report that a Saudi investment fund had taken a nearly 5% stake in Tesla.ā€

Well if the Saudis are buying into EV, then ICE has really jumped the shark lol ā€¦

No one needs to diversify away from oil as much as S. Arabiaā€¦

1 Like

Better off as a private company? Sure.
Where is the money coming from? Nobody knows, but it better be there:

Ex-SEC chair: Muskā€™s tweet on taking Tesla private puts him at risk of civil and criminal penalties
Elon Musk could face civil and criminal penalties if itā€™s found that he didnā€™t secure financing at the time of his tweet about taking Tesla private, former SEC chair Harvey Pitt says.
ā€œIf you make a false statement in connection with the trading of securities, you run the risk of both having to pay for the damages you caused and also you run the risk of a criminal prosecution,ā€ he says.

Dunno if Muskā€™s paranoia of the media being in cahoots with short sellers is fueling his position to quickly revert to a private company. Going private makes sense for established companies whoā€™s stock price is in line with their earnings and realistic market share (for instance, Dell Computers). Thereā€™s no hope for a leveraged buyout because the company doesnā€™t have a positive cashflow. Musk better have those private investors lined up now or else things are going to fall apart quickly and Tesla might be the target of a hostile takeover.

If you want to see Model 3 being painted.

Tesla autopilot does superhuman job in the rain.

And hereā€™s the 640i and 650i for comparison. Just as boring.

Looks like cow udder

4 Likes

You find robots opening car doors boring?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sec-has-made-inquiries-to-tesla-over-elon-musks-taking-private-tweet-1533757570

Securities regulators have inquired with Tesla Inc. about Chief Executive Elon Muskā€™s announcement that he may take the company private and whether his claim was factual, people familiar with the matter said.