Tesla Model 3 wait times slashed

I’d say you can’t trust any Windows update, period. Just a habit of creating a restore point before each.

1 Like

This one is bad. This again points to Teslsa’s verification procedure needs to be improved, not just software update, the whole manufacturing process

These few manufacturing issues are a result of the huge spike in demand. The longer they manufacture at this level, the more the problems will be ironed out. Don’t know how you can think otherwise.

1 Like

Because they had them when there wasn’t a spike, as well as on the model X and S

It’s a software update, is that now a manufacturing problem? There are 5-10 different versions on different cars at the same time and it gets updated every 2-4 weeks. That’s the least of their problem. Parts availability is a way bigger issue. I always tell people to buy the most expensive rental car coverage, one fender bender and your car can be out of commission for two months. Do you want to be driving a Corolla while the car is waiting for parts?

1 Like

Good thing customers and safety agencies do beta testing for Tesla for free! Tesla can’t be bothered to do thorough testing after all.

1 Like

They were required to drive toward a stationary item with their adaptive cruise controls turned off, and only automatic braking on.
The two Teslas were the only cars which failed to stop in time, and hit the object.

I wonder if this is the reason why Teslas keep running into parked emergency vehicles that have their lights on? I know that the Model S has only a single front facing camera + radar configuration, while the other vehicles in the test utilize at least two front cameras and an array of radars.

1 Like

The stock manipulation is real. Float the idea of going private and buying shares at an inflated price to punish people who shorted Tesla’s stock.

4 Likes

My initial thought, too.

This can’t be legal, can it? Especially doing it all on Twitter.

Main reason Elon is taking the company private is to end negative propaganda from shorts.

And hides some of the truth he doesn’t want the public to know.

1 Like

If he has $70b lined up to do it, more power to him.

It’s legal to announce info like this on social media. Just can’t announce it to a select/private group of people. His tweet is legal, assuming he didn’t make anything up about having the financing lined up.

And not have to answer “boring, dull” questions that all other major publicly traded corporations do routinely (and without incident) during quarterly earnings calls.

1 Like

Elon says only hurdle is waiting for shareholder approval.

He would have to be really stupid to announce wanting to go private without knowing he already had the votes to pass.