Tesla Model 3 News

How do you even live with you Volvo and truck? Poor thing :pensive:

When do the crystal balls say leasing will be available?

You need to wait for them to drop first.

1 Like

Buying a car off a dealer’s lot is so 2015.

1 Like

Although this article isn’t Telsa related per-se, you autonomous driving enthusiasts better beef up your insurance just in case…

Yeah, this sucks big time, especially since the driver was in the car. I wonder what the heck he was doing, and if the car was actually in the autonomous mode.

1 Like

If it was a he, probably watching p0rn. If it was a lady, probably on her cellphone or makeup

Is that the reason everyone is excited about Tesla’s autonomous driving? Because outside of that, I can’t see the excitement about a glorified cruise control since you have to pay attention to the road and be ready to take over the wheel at a moment’s notice

rumor has it that the car was in autonomous driving mode. That being said, even if it’s perfect, that doesn’t mean the car can absolutely avoid all accidents. As the article says, it’s the FIRST pedestrian fatality involving an autonomous car. Not saying who’s at fault, and it’s very possible the technology just outright failed and the driver wasn’t paying attention, but it’s just as possible that the pedestrian stepped right in front of the car without looking. I’ll reserve judgement until an official report actually comes out.

Again, you seem to be confused about what “autonomous” driving actually means. People are excited about autonomous driving because if the technology is fully functional it will completely revolutionize the automotive/transportation/delivery industry. Imagine never having to own a car. If all cars were autonomous you’d just hail a car from your phone and it’d zip up to you and pick you up with no driver. No more taxis, no more ubers/lyfts, no more truck drivers, no more bus drivers… the applications are endless. You can also say goodbye to parking lots within major cities. Since you don’t have to drive, you also don’t have to park and the cars can just come and pick you up when you need them to and drive off when you’re not using it.

That being said, your idea of a “glorified cruise control” is not autonomous driving. Tesla Autopilot and GM supercruise are not autonomous driving. They’re a combination of adaptive cruise control and auto steer. Autopilot also includes self parking and many of the cars have “summon” mode where the car pulls out of a tight parking spot on its own. They’re all cool, but you’re talking about two totally different things.

I’ve not read a single review (professional or private) that was anywhere close to calling the center display horrible. Some issues with it, sure.

But “HORRIBLE”? That is 100% Bolt owner bias. :wink:

Also people worried about the screen dying: Do you often hear about a car media display, or any monitor, tablet, phone, etc just suddenly dying for no reason? I’m sure it happens but no more than any other major part failure. Talk about inventing a reason to worry over nothing, sheesh!

1 Like

Heard about sarcasm?

Kinda hard to keep track of what’s sarcasm or jokes on this thread anymore. It went from being useful discussion to just plain ridiculous. Can I suggest sticking to actually discussing model 3 news on this thread?

1 Like

That’s what we’ve been doing. With sarcasm and jokes. Otherwise, it’s a sad story :grin:

So when is your delivery date lol? and what is the final damage? Pretty steep for someone who went from 10 year old Camry to 50k Tesla huh?

Ever read the posts from bro and mp11477? Clearly NOT sarcasm. I understand yours was, but you’re the minority on that topic.

? It was literally linked in this thread.

And several early adopter have reported phantom touches in their center screen which basically renders the car unusable until Tesla (slowly) replaces the while thing.
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/anyone-else-having-touch-screen-issues

Those two were talking about the display dying—as in you have the car out of warranty and kaput, no more display. If you have a bad display, get it replaced under warranty. Doesnt seem like a big risk to me?

Every new car (or any product really, not just cars) has a % of part failures. That’s what the warranty is for. Ford just had a recall where the steering wheel could literally fall off, GM has ignition switches failing and killing people, and those companies have been building cars for literally a century.

And we’re supposed to get worked up if 0.5% of the display parts fail? Cmon…

16 year old camry :stuck_out_tongue: It’s gonna end up around 60K before tax incentives. About 50K after. I decided since this is pretty much my dream car that I’d just go all out. Splurged for the enhanced autopilot and upgraded wheels, and of course Long range and premium package since that’s the only way to get the car immediately. I got approved at 2% for 66 months so that should help make my payments a little more manageable.

1 Like

A significant percentage of a brand new $60k car shipping with a defect that renders the vehicle inoperable for weeks until it’s replaced is “no big deal” in your book?

Ford’s steering wheel issue affected a few dozen vehicles out of 1.4 million and only became apparent after years of driving. GM ignition switches killed 1 person per 300,000 vehicle sold. Remind me how many vehicles has Tesla sold and how many the autopilot has killed already?:thinking:

I will also add this is just classic whataboutism. Other cars having defects does not make Tesla’s defects OK.