Tesla Model 3 News

Lol bro. Nice one !!!

How do you add heated seats with a wireless update? Did they ship the cars with the heated seats installed but non-functional due to not having finished the software to control them?!

Yes. (20 characters)

Yup thatā€™s right. It was actually a pleasant surprise cause most people that took delivery already didnā€™t even know the hardware was there.

If Tesla canā€™t meet the goal, it would face greater pressure to raise money from the debt or equity markets, which could be challenging if investors lose confidence. Tesla says it has $2 billion in unused credit facilities and funds, though some of the capital is subject to specific conditions for use. However, it also faces higher interest payments tied to $10 billion in debt and increased costs associated with the production ramp.
Since going public in 2010, Tesla has burned through about $10 billion in cash, an unusually large sum for a publicly traded U.S. company of its size, said Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi. Tesla has a market capitalization of roughly $57 billion.
Barclays analyst Brian Johnson expects the company to raise more money in the third quarter if it proves it can build 5,000 Model 3s a weekā€”a rate equating to roughly 250,000 vehicles in a single year, about what a typical automotive factory produces.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/teslas-make-or-break-moment-is-fast-approaching-1521111603

Based on the Z-Score formulaā€”which takes into account a number of variables, including share price, working capital, retained earnings and other itemsā€”Tesla had a score of 1.26, its lowest score for any quarter since 2014. Any company with a score below 1.8 is considered distressed by many investors. A score of 1.0 or lower suggests bankruptcy is likely within two years.
Three of Teslaā€™s 10 largest shareholders have recently sold shares of the auto maker, according to the shareholdersā€™ latest quarterly filings. Fidelity Investments, the second-largest Tesla shareholder behind Mr. Musk with a nearly 10% stake, sold close to one-third of its shares in the final three quarters of 2017, filings show. A Fidelity spokesman declined to comment.
Other shareholders have piled in. T. Rowe Price Group Inc. more than doubled its stake in the fourth quarter, making it the fourth-largest owner of Tesla shares.

Tesla issues a fix in a overnight software update. Every other manufacturer: years of cover ups, class action suits, government actions.

Heated seats are nice in the North East and according to experts actually help conserve battery.

1 Like

Every other manufacturer would have also shipped their cars with working rear heated seats, working FM radio, working bluetooth streaming, working WIFI, etc etc etc from the start.

3 Likes

Many manufacturers still in the process of upgrading their radio software to Android Auto or Apple Car Play, which has been out since 2015.

1 Like

Itā€™s also a lousy setup, if you ask me. No control for the person using the seat.

ā€œdriver, itā€™s cold back here, can you turn on my seat?ā€
ā€œdriver, my ass is too hotā€¦can you turn my seat down?ā€
ā€œdriver, just turn this damn seat off already.ā€

Put a button back there, let the person using the seat control it. How is having the driver control the seat heā€™s not using considered smart engineering?

GM has included AA/Carplay in ALL its vehicles for a couple of years now. Even a lowly base model Chevy Spark. When is Tesla going to catch up with the times and add AA/Carplay? Many Tesla owners have grumbled about not having AA/Carplay, something a dinky $13k Spark comes standard with.

2 Likes

Tesla has multiple class action suits against it now

• Defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (i) contrary to Defendantsā€™ representations that the Company was prepared for the launch of its Model 3 sedan, in reality, the Company had severely inadequate inventory and was woefully unprepared to launch Model 3 sedan as anticipated; and (ii) as a result, Teslaā€™s public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.

• Tesla factory workers have filed a lawsuit claiming widespread racism, unsafe conditions

• Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of purchasers of the securities of Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) from May 4, 2016 through October 6, 2017. The lawsuit seeks recovery of investor losses. If you purchased shares of Tesla from May 4, 2016 through October 6, 2017 and would like to join the action, please click ā€œJoin This Class Actionā€ above.

• Law firm Hagens Berman has filed a class-action lawsuit alleging Tesla misled consumers about the self-driving capabilities of Autopilot 2.

https://www.rosenlegal.com/cases-1218.html

Donā€™t forget the Chinese family that sued Tesla after their son perished in an Autopilot accident (very similar circumstances to Joshua Brown).

Call me crazy but I get the sneaking suspicion nobody is changing their minds.

3 Likes

Itā€™s included in the 5,000 Premium Upgrade package, so they shouldā€™ve known.

Premium Upgrades
Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood dƩcor and two rear USBs
12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
LED fog lamps
Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones

People still buy GM, Fords and Toyotas which are known to cover up multiple defects causing deaths. Why not Tesla?

Many people assumed there would be, but shortly after the first model 3s rolled off the line and people looked under the seats, they couldnā€™t tell there was a heating element in it so assumed the premium package only included front heated seats. So ya, pleasant surprise.

I would take that as the entire carā€¦front and back. Iā€™ll admit, itā€™s a poorly written ā€œoption.ā€

agreed. Most people assumed the same and then like I said, shortly after the first deliveries they figured it was interpreted wrong. Either way, Iā€™ll probably never use them in San Diego :stuck_out_tongue:

Some more great news!

As we were discussing before, it seems that Tesla Autopilot 2 has finally gained parity with Autopilot 1 and may have even surpassed it! Looking forward to trying it out!

Poorly implemented too. Only the driver (or front passenger) can turn on/off the rear seat heaters? As if the driver wonā€™t be distracted enough as it is.
ā€œDad! Can you turn on the seat heaters?? Iā€™m cold!ā€
2 minutes later
ā€œDad! Turn off the seat heaters! Itā€™s too warm!ā€
Multiply those voices by 2 if a second kid/passenger is back there.
People yelling from the rear about the seat heaters will surely make driving easier.