Tesla Model 3 News

Did you buy your current car intending to sell it for profit due to a $7500 income tax credit?

technically you wouldnā€™t be buying it for the $7500 tax credit, youā€™d be selling it to make a profit. :slight_smile: Honestly, Iā€™m not an accountant so I donā€™t know the details. I donā€™t plan on selling my Model 3 after I get it, so Iā€™m really not worried about it. Who knows, maybe when the model 3 gets released the tax credit wonā€™t be available anyway. Iā€™m not counting on it at this point. I think the $35,000 price point is reasonable if the car turns out to be as good as I expect.

No but how could you prove if if I did? Thereā€™s no law against being fickle!

If I buy a model 3 I wonā€™t resell it anytime soon but Iā€™d be well within my rights to do so.

Looks like they announced deliveries will begin July 1st but with no customizations possible. So as long as you are not picky ā€¦

ā€œInitially, the Model 3 configurator ā€” itā€™s kind of going to be like what color do you want and what size of wheels do you want. Thatā€™s basically going to be the configurator.ā€ offered Musk

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-design-studio-online-end-july-limited-options-first/

Looks like ng0 will need another gasser lease till he can get his model 3

Basically, Tesla will have a pre-packaged RWD offering out of the gate, and customers can choose only two options (AWD to arrive in late 2017/early 2018, with the configurator being updated sometime after the initial roll-out with future options and ETAs):

Thanks for the heads up! I did see that news and actually Iā€™m not at all bummed about it. I wasnā€™t planning on getting AWD anyway and the only big things I really care about is the larger battery (which Iā€™m still holding out hope theyā€™ll have at launch), autopilot and choosing the color would be nice. My lease ends in November and I still have my old beater Camry in case Iā€™m not able to get my model 3 by then. Iā€™m still hoping I can get all that stuff by November/December timeframe.

I think Tesla is doing the right thing by not allowing customization at launch.

I am not saying you are bummed or it is bad. All I am saying is make sure the tires on the Camry are good for 10-20k miles :slight_smile: And by the time you are done with that stinking 1999 beater camry with the hard plastic, peeling paint and rotting panels, man that model 3 will seem like the sweetest car ever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m still anticipating a Nov/Dec delivery, so crossing my fingers! Sounds like Tesla is still on track for production starting in July. Tesla/Space X employees will get the first 10k or so, then another 10k or so for current customers. Hopefully Iā€™ll be within the next 50k (since Iā€™m in CA).

LoL. Itā€™s a 2002, so the paintā€™s only half peeling :wink: So canā€™t wait! I know people on this forum are sick of hearing me talk about the Model 3, but Iā€™m super excited about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

from whateve I read elsewhere, all the good ones were quickly snatched up.

can u lease it ? lol

Wow so cool! I didnā€™t hear about that! 40k is not bad at all considering the Model 3 will likely be that cost with a few upgrades. Definitely wouldnā€™t be thrilled about spending 30-40k on a car with 90k miles though. Sure its got a warranty, but I can imagine that the battery has already diminished in capacity quite a bit by then.

Also, I hear those early gen model Sā€™s werenā€™t that great. Iā€™m willing to wait for the Model 3, but I could definitely imagine why someone would jump in on this deal.

Iā€™m more interested in what Mercedes/BMW/Jaguar/Audi are going to do in the electric space. Once it becomes mainstream, they have the means to do Tesla better than Tesla at a lower build cost.

1 Like

My great crystal ball in the volvo tells me there will be hiccups on the first 10 to 20k model 3s as well. Pity the fools, I mean customers, I mean beta testers, I mean employees

1 Like

i didnā€™t know you have to pay for charge on model 3

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waiting for all the large car companies to put the smack down on Tesla for years! All we got out of it was a freakinā€™ Chevy Bolt. Tired of waiting. Iā€™ll get my Model 3 and hopefully by the time Iā€™m ready for another car in 10 years Iā€™ll have many more options. I donā€™t get why itā€™s taking everyone so long to realize electric cars actually will replace most gas powered cars?

Yea, I wouldnā€™t be surprised. I guess thatā€™s why theyā€™ll be selling 'em to employees first. Give them motivation to get it right the first time! :slight_smile: Iā€™m even a little nervous to be within the first 100k, but Iā€™m willing to chance it!

if one lives in a multi-dwelling unit (i.e. apartment building, ,i.e. many people in urban areas), its difficult to get a pure electric car as canā€™t really charge it overnight.

1 Like

yea, sadly Tesla wonā€™t be able to provide free supercharging for millions of potential cars. I donā€™t anticipate Iā€™d use it much anyways, but itā€™s a nice perk for those willing to shell out big $$$ for the Model S/X

1 Like

Good point. Eventually the infrastructure will exist to remedy that. Might not be viable yet, but even if 1/100 of the world has the ability to charge their cars overnight, thatā€™s still a massive market!

Also, battery technology will improve significantly over time. Iā€™m thinking eventually theyā€™ll develop batteries that charge in minutes instead of hours so would be as convenient as filling up a tank of gas.