Tesla Model 3 Lease a Good Deal at $500/mo?

$50,000 car, 10,000 mile, 36 term at $500/mo
I’m not sure how they came up this number but seems to be a good deal.
I can also get a loan somewhere else for 2% APR.
I will be only making $3,500 down in both scenarios.

Trying to decide whether I should lease or buy.
I ran the numbers through calculator, both came out pretty close.

Edit1: I called and confirmed that it’s $100 order fee + $3,500 down for lease

Down or due at sign?

Looks like crap on the surface.

6 Likes

$5,000 down payment that is an effective payment of $588 not a good deal

5 Likes

I have no comment on the numbers themselves but FYI (hot off the presses)

1 Like

$5k down + $2,500 order payment = $7,500?

1 Like

Looks like actually $5,500 down/$7,500 DAS?

1 Like

They’ve changed things last night and order payment is only $100 and not $2500
So we are really comparing these numbers:
$50,000 car
Loan: 3.99% APR (36-72, same regardless of terms)
Lease: 5.12% APR (MF 0.002133) and $3,500 deposit and $100 order fee

1 Like

Honestly, these are probably some of the smarter moves they made in the past year.

1 Like

I think lease is better option even if I can get a loan at 2% APR 60 term.
Because of the the tax rate here in Seattle is 10.4%…
And the residual value is nearly 70%

I mean, I’ve seen Model S hold its value well but 71% residual on model 3, which is currently flooded in the market, is unrealistic. I would not purchase and go with lease.
That being said, I don’t think its fair to qualify Tesla leases as “deals”. Its the fair price that you pay to lease a tesla and what you get is what anyone else gets. There is no discount, no haggling, no negotiation etc etc which makes anything a “deal”

3 Likes

You’re right, I’m just trying to decide whether I should lease or buy…
It make sense to lease because I also do think that it won’t hold ~70% residual value when I try to resell it after 3 years.

But with lease they’re promising the residual value so my monthly will be lower, that is all

Good deal at 588 a month. Jump in it right now or pass it to me please

Is this with or without FSD?

Doesn’t FSD primarily just exist in Elons head?

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Tesla but numbers like these are why I’ll hold off on getting an EV for another few years, until there’s more competition and potentially lower prices. I ended up getting a 4 series loaner which isn’t quite as fast, but has a more luxurious interior and a discount of over 24% with rebates. Makes for a cheeeap lease. Besides, with Seattle traffic nobody is going anywhere fast anyway. Autopilot is basically stop and go pilot for an hour or two. 10% sales tax is wild too, I think I’d only consider a lease up there.

3 Likes

Any rebates from the state of WA or your electric company? Federal rebate is only $18xx?

With the Standard Range plus configuration price is $39,490, Lease is $4600 DAS and $405 a month (10K miles).

$2500 rebate from CA and $1000 SCE rebate makes it not too bad of a price.

It’s bad compared to how other $40k gas cars are leasing…you have here a net of around $450 while on a similarly priced BMW you can be in low 300s…that’s the point posters are trying to make here.
Of course, all of this is irrelevant if you want a good ev as you have very few other options in this price range.

1 Like

Include gas savings and the Tesla might be very economical. Plus tesla changed its lease structure you dont have to put money down anymore

I agree - the 50k tesla for 588 effective is a great deal compared with a few months ago…

1 Like