Tesla Cybertruck... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

I wonder if my Crown Vic will outlast my Cybertruck order wait time…

2 Likes

Saw one parked in Los Gatos downtown yesterday evening.

2 Likes

This whole thing really has to be a joke! That thing looks like sideways refrigerator and who in right mind would buy?

I think they may look better with a wrap. Also we’ll probably get used to them after many of them are on the road. We’ll soon know after some people start getting them but I do think there will be enough demand for a few years if they are priced reasonably.

Same ol panel gaps…

I ordered one in 2020, but I have mostly lost interest in this truck and the company, and I cannot afford it either. I just leased a Rubicon X and who knows when this truck will be available?

They initially said it will be in production in by 2021, and what year is it now?
In terms of Elon’s timeline, how about 2018 dragon spaceship on mars, how about $200K/person immigration to mars by 2022, how about semi-truck, hyperloop, roadster2, how about 1 million robotaxi by 2021, how about L5 autopilot by the end of year?

Even in August, they said the cybertruck will be in mass production in September.

3 Likes

Eeek, I just checked mine - I’m #2606 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had honestly forgotten all about this. I ordered 11/23/19, so the calculator says I’m like #188,000th in line. Ha. That said, I apparently requested the dual motor model and I live in Austin, so who knows when they’ll actually offer it to me. I have to think the actual attrition this many years later will be like 80-90% or more. Ain’t gonna be 100s of thousands of these on the road when most of the people on that waitlist already splurged on a new car or truck in the last few years, while interest rates were low and cash was overflowing from their pockets.

At this point, I have very little interest in the thing. I don’t know a Tesla owner who doesn’t have multiple things to complain about, so I don’t know why I would ever buy a Tesla to begin with. It’s not like an anti-Elon thing; I guess I just like vehicles that are built by companies that…are good at making cars. I did this $100 pre-order b.s. (which was clearly just a way to crowdfund some initial development), thinking that I would be interested in a new truck soon, and it looked like it was going to be the first EV truck option. But that was 4 years ago.

As it turns out, I bought a new RAM truck two months later, and I haven’t found anything yet that would convince me to trade it in. By the time they get around to offering this abomination to me, there will be a half-dozen more appealing EV trucks on the market. I’ll go check it out and see if there’s something particularly compelling about the Cybertruck to change my mind, but as it stands today, this just ain’t for me. I think they’ve waited too long and missed the moment in which this could have been a viable product in any kind of serious volume.

Maybe some 'Jump The Shark" wrap?! LOL

Nothing can help those angles…it really is comical!

This guy gave up.

6 Likes

A vinyl wrap for the Cybertruck could be in the works.

Model 3 and Model Y owners can now have a “self-healing urethane-based film” installed by Tesla. It costs $7,500 – $8,000 and is only compatible with 2023+ models. The range of colors available include blue, green, gold, white, black, red and, for some reason, grey. Or, for $5,000, Tesla will install a clear wrap, protecting the vehicle’s original paint and body. The service is currently only offered at Tesla Service Centers in West Covina, California and Carlsbad, California.

This product doesn’t come as a surprise. Several Cybertruck prototypes have been spotted sporting various wraps, including ones that mimic the designs of the Ford F-150 and Toyota Tundra.

I remember when “wanna cyber?” Meant a completely different thing.

1 Like

Battery technology can account for every slow down in actual production. Every other manufactures failures ie: Ford Lightening pushes Tesla auxiliary vehicle dates back further. You can see he doesn’t want any negative press around range so any vehicle with to much weight or speed keeps getting bumped. Thant being said you bought platform that has been around for 80’s with no real major improvements…in fact most would argue the legacy straight 6 was the last of the real Jeeps. We’re two generations in on the Model S and it’s already redefined whats capable.

They should’ve used Comic Sans…wow that’s a bad font.

2 Likes

It’s never coming. Just one more year

1 Like

I think on the 30th they are going to deliver one to someone like Jay Leno or another car collector (whoever gives them biggest fanbase / hype probability) and then announce that general deliveries will start “soon”. Or some other similar bullshit. Based on the earnings, I foresee a lot of “razzle-dazzle / tap dancing” bullshit to commence momentarily

After yesterday’s earning report, I feel like the Cybertruck’s production would further slow down.

Early reports were an expected production of 250k units per year out of the gate. Yesterday Elon basically said that isn’t happening. The current CT production line is setup for maximum 125k units per year. 2025 is goal for 250k units per year.

Even if they reach half of 125k in first year, that is still more than double of the Ford Lightning. 36k Lightning units through first 3 quarters of 2023.

1 Like

1 Like