Tesla competition

Poor pay, unreasonable hours, people that don’t do enough praying at the Elon altar get axed, etc

Don’t lease a Tesla. It’s a synonym for mistake.

I wasn’t. He was.

Looking for recommendations on a sub-$50k electric vehicle with all wheel drive (not a Model 3). Are there any car manufacturers that stack up?

I assume Toyota limited production for reasons other than a worry about not being able to sell them all. Is it possible that they might be barely making a profit (at MSRP) or even selling them at a slight loss?

1 Like

The last part…

I interviewed at scaled composites years back and it was the same thing, only the altar there was to Burt Rutan.

1 Like

Tesla is also an anagram of, among other words, least and stale.

Used Model S or X.

Arguably, those who leased AP1 90 pack cars made out best in the RV disparity.

To lease a Model 3 is insanity though. RV disparity is very high in favor of ownership.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I will pass on a used Tesla.

2 Likes

According to a Telsa press release, only 4% of 2nd quarter Model 3/Y deliveries were leases.

1 Like

Sorry for all the folks who got e-Trons earlier, but looks as if future 2021 e-Trons will be 9k cheaper:

1 Like

You are aware that Audi is discounting the crap out of the 19s to match this price right?

2 Likes

I am LOL . Just giving heads up to everyone

MSRP doesn’t really mean much, it’s just one number in the lease puzzle, just look at Infiniti

Yes, now they can discount the 65k price 10% or more now. Should still count towards federal tax incentive as well. Everyone wins.

I think cause and effect are inverted here.

The 2019s are discounted to move them off the lots and into driveways, which started months ago (with and without Costco) before the msrp bump. Now that they’re at the tail end, they can drop the price (which reduces the value of 2019s). Nobody took it on the chin here more than AudiFS (they own the most 2019 etrons after all).

Not to say anyone shouldn’t have got one, especially at those deals, but Audi needed to adjust the price, so they did.

And

It’s more psychological for buyers.

Don’t be fooled by this . The price reduction comes with removing all the prem plus options . This is for 2021 and the leases will be insanely highl

2 Likes