Tesla competition

And a rental 4cv for 3 months at no cost to me. It wasn’t totaled because of damage, parts not being available to repair is what did it in ultimately…

1 Like

My topic was closed for some reason even though it didn’t appear a duplicate of anything, so I’ll drop this here.

The Tesla Y is now available to lease. As an example, $50k sticker is $1371 DAS, $676/mo+tax. Not the greatest deal but better than some eTron quotes I’ve seen.

Considering that’s almost as high as a retail payment on it and you dont even have the option to buy out at end of lease, it’s a garbage deal.

Tesla is one of few brands where buying is better.

1 Like

Yes, buying is the way to go if you have your heart set on a Tesla, no argument there.

1 Like

There are no 50k etrons !!! How can you compare them together ?

1 Like

In general no, but that’s how you get a great deal. This guy paid $47k for his after incentives:

But seriously most etron deals posted here are better than leasing a Tesla. I was talking about the ‘worst deals’ where if you don’t know what you are doing and get taken advantage of by a dealer you may be paying more than $1000/mo.

1 Like

Not bad for a $100k* electric car.

• Estimated pricing for a “fully loaded” model.
2 Likes

looks promising and potentially a great looking sedan.

Now they need to offer ridiculous leases on this like Audi and Chevy and the cars will fly off the shelf

1 Like

Great start for Lucid, hopefully this will finance their expansion into more affordable models.

1 Like

Define “ridiculous leases,” because not everyone can afford a 500/mo payment. And then there are those misers that can afford it, but have no intention of spending that much on a car payment.

This isn’t going to be a 300/mo payment. They aren’t going to survive if they give away the farm. Audi or Chevy can afford to take a loss on a car with having many other models to supplement that loss. Lucid won’t be in that position.

I’ll bring up the 1% rule (danger!), Tesla and Polestars are sitting around 1.3%, and we all know it’s not a good lease. I’m thinking @HackLessee is thinking <1% (or better) to bring the lease payment under $1000/mo.

~500 a month would make it a mass market leasing option. It’s not about everyone affording it, it’s about having demand well beyond your current supply potential even if you’re burning cash. Tesla has wiped the floor with other manufacturers this way, eating their sales, stock prices and profits while not making much themselves but making all their shareholders rich. Cash is effectively limitless for a company with exponential sales growth

No it wouldn’t. I can afford a 500/mo payment, and I’ve never been close to it. I surely wouldn’t lease this “just because” either. I am definitely not alone either. I like cars…I like money more.

I can assure you, mass market cars like a Honda or Toyota aren’t leasing for 500/mo. They aren’t the cheapest option, but they aren’t 500 either with someone with half a brain.

Outside of CA, the demand isn’t there yet In the US. Tesla has the advantage of being the only real game in town up to this point. They’ve taken market share, sure, but it’s still negligible. In other words, none of the big boys are going out of business because of Tesla yet. Infrastructure needs to build outside of CA before people start dropping their ICE cars en masse.

Fine rephrased to be non mass market but a very accessible price point compared to buying or financing a 80k vehicle

You’d be amazed just how many people lack that half a brain and actually shell out 500/mo for their mass market cars

oops

1 Like

Hello 911? I’d like to report an assault?

In all seriousness: $500/mo is my cap, I can afford more, otherwise similar sentiment.

Since the other Tesla thread was closed, back to this one. Lucid Motors will be unveiling the Lucid Air today. Pricing is estimated to start under $80k and go as high as $169k: https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/09/09/lucid-motors-to-debut-luxury-ev-priced-169k/

1 Like

For some reason when you said elr the xlr came to my mind.

Man do I wish I could have driven one of those, one of the most interesting cars cadillac has produced lol.

Not aimed at you, but this thread can remain open until the name calling and spitting starts (again). Let’s keep it civil.

2 Likes