Tesla bankruptcy?

Tesla international golf courses are the next venture

Fixed that for you.

20 char

2 Likes

I got to say it is just my theory, but most negative articles about Tesla are pushed by their competitors. Ad revenue is a powerful motivator.

3 Likes

Just look at any posts with the word Tesla on it, check out how popular they are. You don’t think news agency sees that? Of course they will put up stories to get some ad sales.

On top of that, you have the people who truly believe there is no such thing as global warming, they have to get their shots in. Then you have the jealous type who wants the company to fail so bad because they can’t afford to get one. I should also add the people who doesn’t know enough about EV cars commenting on them when they have never owned one. Lastly you have the shorts who have their savings on the line to see Tesla fail. It’s a weird dynamic. I say just put on autopilot and let them be :smile:

1 Like

" I say just put on autopilot and let them be"

Even stupid owners using this thing while taking a nap? Lol

It’s one thing for these people who pay to be guinea pigs in Muskland, but what about us innocent guinea pigs who aren’t using autopilot, but in the path of those that are?

If one of these people hits and kills one of your family members because autopilot effed up, is that “just the price they had to pay for progress?”

1 Like

I like pizza, 20202020

How is it different than you getting run over by a drunk driver, someone texting, out of shape senior citizen or reckless driving.

If people do what they are suppose to, everything works fine.

1 Like
1 Like

Global warming is religion. Facts and data don’t matter because it’s already “settled science”.

It’s all about money and control. That’s your money and control by them over you.

4 Likes

How’s that when autopilot drove that guy into a barrier? Granted, he relied on it and maybe ignored warnings, but still it was the autopilot that took him into barrier.

1 Like

I believe autopilot drove the car into the Firetruck at 60 mph as well. Again, she relied on it, and possibly ignored warnings, but the autopilot did it.

If using autopilot is as illegal as drunk driving or txt driving, then they will be equivalent.

actually it’s the opposite of religion

it’s based on reality

I guess he missed the warning message that was on the dash.

Or maybe he just forgot to look up at any point before the wall jumped out and hit him. I don’t see this as any different than me putting on the cruise control and look away.

2 Likes

No more illegal than using cruise control on a regular car and fall asleep.

Why do cars go more than 85mph, no highway in the US can support it.

You can put the cruise control on your car at 60mph, bury your face into your phone and see how long it takes before you hit something. I guess you can blame the car since it was actually holding the throttle for you.

Autopilot is just an advanced cruise control (radar+vision) with a much better lane keeping assist plus some small enhancements such as speed adjustments, autolane change and a tiny amount of fuzzy logic in there. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. There are still bugs in the system, but people that pay any amount of attention would know what they are and they can easily over ride it.

BTW as much as I love the technology, I would be the first one to say full self driving for the mass market is probably not going to happen for a while. We have too many bad roads, bad drivers and other variable that will lead to disaster.

1 Like

That is illegal too. First, we can’t compare illegal action to autopilot because last time I check AP is still not illegal yet.

falling sleep in the car or having a hear attack is unfortunate and with catastrophic consequences. I wish I recorded the Tesla sales person’s upsell on AP. He literately said just tell the car where you want to go, the car will take you there. I have no issue with driver assist feature. I think it is a great feature. But over selling, over committing the feature to general public is bad, IMO, it is border criminal. If it is clearly not ready for driverless operation, then don’t advertise it, in fact, don’t over advertised it. Because this alone will kill.

You did not get the point - cruise control is not supposed to drive you, while autopilot is. And it drove straight into [insert truck, barrier, etc. here]. With the barrier it did not even just keep the car in its lane.