Tesla bankruptcy?

Purchasers of this device should be automatically enrolled in the next Darwin award discussion…

If you’re being sarcastic, I apologize for missing it. I’m an engineer and this happens all the time. Some exec will
promise the world initially and when the numbers are crunched, hard choices need to be made. Reducing the scope or features is usually preferred to by them before they’ll increase the budget. Musk promised $35k model 3’s well before the car was in production. I could see them needing to trim some stuff now that prices for everything are going up. (FYI: look at the lengths VW went to make a buck on their dirty diesels)

His post was dripping with sarcasm.

1 Like

I guess his point is that we shouldn’t care since it happens frequently?

As an engineer myself, yep, it was pretty loaded with sarcasm. :slight_smile:

Even in the defense aerospace industry, things would get redesigned, parts brought down to bare minimum to meet customer requirements and save some money. I can only imagine the automotive industry is even more cutthroat.

Though also now having my own business designing and producing products, I also am finding myself forcing to create products as cheap as I can if I want any semblance of profit. So easy to see both sides now.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Burned Alive.

This is ludicrously out of control. RIP

Man you are so sad. It’s not healthy to be so obsessed and consumed by it. It’s only a car, you are not looking for a wife here. If you want one, just spend the money and buy it. There is no need to be so jealous and pity.

The entire point of this thread is to prove:

EV are not the future

Investment in Tesla will result in a loss

Energy Storage of high capacity is very dangerous in vehicles (though people here somehow disagree…not sure what is going on in their head)

AI and self-driving cars are gimmicks (grossly misrepresented)

Elon Musk is a con artist (proved by blatant lying/misrepresenting)

All facts are provided, yet people still refuse to believe. It is like trying to make people believe the Earth is spherical during the Dark ages.
It is simply a discussion, where people refuse to believe facts, so we just keep posting more facts, and not opinions, which is how pro-Tesla people are using to think)

1 Like

I don’t like Elon and his lies, but that statement is so untrue. Pretty much all manufacturers will be moving towards EVs in the future.

1 Like

As much as I would like to breathe clean air in the city - this simply cannot happen. I explained this a month or so ago as to why exactly.

EV is not sustainable or practical. It will never dominate.

Air already smells better here, you might want to come out of your bunker and enjoy the fresh air.

I think EV is the future, but not in the form of the current EV, definitely not in the form of Tesla today. Same I do believe driverless car is the future, but not in anywhere close to Tesla’s auto pilot. The infrastructure will need to be considered, all at bigger scale.

Personally, I don’t think Elon is a con artist yet. But I do think Tesla or Elon is not being responsible as a car manufacturer. It take safety standard and DPPM level way too liberal. I am not just referring to li-on battery fire or auto pilot, there are more ridiculous software miss incidents out there.

Having that said, I have had a chance to drive a Model 3 on and off for a few weeks, The car or the concept of long range EV is actually growing on me. It is a very convenient car for commuting and shorter range trips. However, I still can’t get over Model3’s build quality and material at is price point.

Go back to elementary school and learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

As soon as there is a massive investment in charging network, I’m talking about on Eisenhower scale, gas powered cars can start their countdown to heaven. It could have made a nice work project in the Great Recession, but thankfully, another one is just around the corner.

Investors are getting antsy.

Tesla is going to be single handedly responsible for the NHTSA and NTSB blowing through their field investigations budgets for 2018.

2 Likes

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/tesla-model-x-sets-a-world-record-by-towing-a-qantas-787-9/