Tesla bankruptcy?

oh crap, just realized stock is back up to $305. I bought some at $259.

1 Like

Interesting. I saw my first one a few weeks ago (Iā€™m in the southeast, thereā€™s probably only a couple in the entire region). It wasnā€™t a super attractive car but it was very striking.

Hey, hey, hey, HEY!!! Motorola Razrs were awesome. I miss 'em.

I sold when it was around $370 (bought for $180). I still feel very good about that decision. :slight_smile:

As a fellow Bolt owner and general EV enthusiast, Iā€™m asking you to just lay off of Tesla for a few weeks. It gets old seeing you troll and bash them all over the internet. Cā€™mon. Please? Just stop for a bit and consider it. Thanks!

1 Like

Is this a duel between a proven/once Bankrupt company now making Electric cars (after killing it a few times before) Vs a hypothetically bankrupt Tesla (as being said by Tesla detractors) company ?

BTW, we have no bone (neither car, nor stock/interest) in either Coā€™s ā€¦ (except may be thru any 401k/Index funds)

Back on topic, the recent bankruptcy talk was stirred up by one hedge fund manager going around whipping it up. The guy is known to be a tesla short. With so much money on the line, isnā€™t it illegal for him to do that as a licensed trader or do we just blame the market and people for being stupid and fall into the trap?

this kind of stuff happens all the time. analysts release reports, exaggerate claims, provide little/no facts, and heavily influence the price of a stock. these same people are also known to hold certain positions on such stocks. illegal? yes. but nothing is done about it.

If you have enough money/influence, it becomes very easy to make more - this is one of the reasons why.

1 Like

I bought at the IPO (around 35 or something if I remember correctly?) and sold it the same day for a small profit. How do you think I feel lmao.

No surprise hereā€¦

1 Like

Apparenly Bloomberg verified they are producing 2k to 2.5k a week and Musk is on camera saying he is working 24/7 on production floor. Seems Tesla is turning this corner. See you next quarter :slight_smile:

Ps - About that driver. I agree with Tesla lol

They produced this during last week of last quarter when he slept there, not every week during quarter when he did not :slight_smile:

So as long as he lives there, thereā€™s hope?

1 Like

And the Bolt is only the first layer of that brick wall.

ā€œTime and time again [Telsa has] targeted production numbers that they havenā€™t hit,ā€ Johnson said.

Tesla is a victim of their own success. More than anyone else they proved the concept that EVs, especially luxury EVs and not just Spark/Leaf type cars, could succeed in the marketplace.

Youā€™d think for being such a formidable competitor that can stop tesla in itā€™s tracksā€¦ that the bolt would sell more than 1700 units a month. :laughing:

1 Like

GM only produced 26000 Bolts last year for Worldwide sales. GM sold 23000 of those in the US. Sales of ~1700 a month (in the US) therefore are in line with Bolt production stats.

In theory, GM could produce as many as 90000 Bolts a year if they gave up Sonic production which is done in the same plant. In theory GM could even double that by adding another shift.