Tesla bankruptcy?

It’s been said before, this is the Tesla bashing thread only, no other life examples or thinking outside the box are permitted. /s

No it doesn’t, not designed that way. Neither do the true self driving cars either.

I’ve already stated on here that the driver and possibly Caltrans share some blame as well. The driver for agreeing to become a crash tester for Tesla by using the beta AP, and Caltrans for what looks like is a suboptimally designed roadway with faded markings.
But that doesn’t mean Tesla is automatically cleared of any wrongdoing like the fanbois want to have happen. No car function should purposely steer a car directly into a concrete barrier. Especially one called “Autopilot” (stupidest name ever).

3.8k model 3 was a great accomplishment. Tesla lives to see another Quarter. See you in July for the next round of crisis…

Frankly, I’m more shocked the Prius Prime sold as many as it did.
As for Tesla, no need to wait till July for the next crisis…just hold your breath for a little. :wink:

People will panic over everything right or wrong, you get used to seeing it. Just look at any posts with the word tesla on it and see the hits :laughing:

Put your bolt or any cars in cruise control, look away for 6 sec and see where the wind takes you.

If Tesla production steps on the gas and gets, conservatively speaking, a consistent 1.5k a week for 16 straight weeks (with a peak 3-4k by end of Q2) without crashing into a barrier, then they will have the wind in their sails again. At that rate, whilst far below production, it will be double-triple it’s nearest non Tesla competitor. Probably a good time to buy. This is Tesla’s apple moment. Crash and burn or soar.

But if they hit any further roadblocks, then there will be much agony.

Given all the cars they can make this year already have a buyer, they will get their cash injection if they can product it fast enough. They have a different problems than other car makers. They have a supply issue, not demand issue. I guess traditional car makers can prop up their demand with rebates and incentives. I mean $2500 on a 2 year lease, how is that sustainable?

Does basic cruise control in any other car advertise that the car can steer and drive itself, thus lulling the driver into a false sense of security? I didn’t think so. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

GM’s supercruise would pass with flying colors, given that it relies on a stored lidar map of the highways rather than solely relying on a lane marking following camera and a radar forward collision system that doesn’t appear to work.

Pretty good take on the current AP: it’s just a slightly fancier version of cruise control, and should not even be considered any kind of self driving.

So if there is a slight change in road design, you’d be screwed?

Supercruise: semi-autonomous driving done the responsible way.

Note what they ask of you. Keep your eyes on the road :crazy_face:

Not anything signficant but someone told me Tim Cook and Musk are good friends… and he thinks Cook will bail him out

that wouldn’t shock me in the least. Apple has been rumored to want to get in on the electric car bandwagon off and on over the last couple years.

Tesla iCar coming 2022.

No, because unlike the unit on the Tesla, Cadillac’s radar actually works. Supercruise is also really conservative and will hand control back to the driver with audio and physical warnings if it encounters a complex interchange,

That said, GM is being real stingy with its self driving tech for some reason, CT6 is still the only car with the option.

Right after Tesla is on the verge of declaring chapter 11 sometime in the near future, perhaps Apple will try to swoop in with an offer to bail them out. :wink: Otherwise, some Chinese company will put in a dirt cheap bid to buy the remnants.

3 Likes

Not after he killed his engineer :slight_smile: