Temporarily Taking Down SIGNED! Contracts

If it didnt this time, it certainly has before

2 Likes

There was dashcam footage posted, but itā€™s supporters only. :laughing:

Show me said Kinkos, Solanum Tuberosum

This is a composite character based on several true stories. Hersheyā€™s actual deal has been shown to dealers, LH has been named dropped so many times the receptionist asks before transferring your call, people who had no clue burned 20 dealers less than 48 hours after the deal was posted. More than once a deal was snaked from an experienced hackr by an absolute newb because the clocks in MB stores were still on covid time and ā€œIā€™ll call you in the morning to finalizeā€ turned into ā€œsomeone else sold your carā€.

4 Likes

Dealers should pay big bucks for lead generation then lol

2 Likes

The whole situation really is a double edged sword. I wish I was able to make a good suggestion on how to best deal with it.

While I am a broker (again), I was a regular use for years before starting brokering CDJR, becoming a regular user again, and now back at it with BMW and Porsche.

Iā€™ve been on both sides of things.

We have new users commenting on other hackers deals just saying ā€œHi Iā€™m in X location and want to get an Y for your deal, will take delivery before end of monthā€ as if the other hacker is a car dealer who can sell them a car. We have low effort people who donā€™t understand that there is nuance behind this, you canā€™t just copy and paste someone elseā€™s deal to a dealership and say ā€œdo thisā€.

Then you have people who are contacting dealers on cars that arenā€™t even leasable demos because they donā€™t know to do a CarFax check to see if it was registered as a personal lease.

Dealers want to sell cars, but like anyone else, they also want some basic level of respect given, and just emailing off a deal, that doesnā€™t even necessarily apply to a car they have, or isnā€™t the same MSRP, or itā€™s a month later and the program has changed, is going to not only get you nowhere, but turn that person off to doing these types of deals. That is why some of these dealers agree to work with brokers. Itā€™s out job to filter out all the crap and make sure that these loser deals are low to no effort on the part of anyone at the dealership.

I had someone recently send me an M235i loaner deal from several years ago saying they wanted ā€œsomething like thisā€.

Point is, itā€™s tough. The growth of the community could also wind up causing us problems when these insane deals get posted and hundreds if not thousands of people start hitting up every dealer in the country for a specific deal without putting in the legwork.

I almost wonder if posting these unicorn type deals should be a supporting member only feature, so that they stay with people who understand the process and how to shop one. I get that probably goes against the point of the community, but Iā€™m just thinking out loud. It would make for a good selling point on a yearly sub. ā€œUnicorn Loungeā€ for Supports only.

11 Likes

So basically turned into a slickdeals effect - what used to be a smallish group of diehards who enjoy the chase about as much as the spoils eventually turns into a larger group of hyenas who then instead of getting their 1 Item buy out the whole store to sell on eBay and then complains to store management because something didnā€™t work perfect. Not saying the original people are saints and newer are awful, but in general a few bad apples on a forest has a lot more impact than some on one tree.

4 Likes

Most of them the supports donā€™t know squat either

I bet the dealer asked do you have proof - show me where you are seeing this lol

Or where are you getting these numbers from so I can show my big hefe

wait thereā€™s no one manning the shop here except you and mix master mike?

EQE is next. :laughing: EQS production just got a head start. EQE inventory will start piling up through the year.

1 Like

Why is it so bad if thereā€™s fake demand? If dealers think thereā€™s demand only to later find out there isnā€™t, theyā€™re still gonna be stuck with a bunch of overpriced jelly beans, which means there will still be deals.

Who cares if someone waives a contract or an LH link around. And LH isnā€™t the only place that idiots can waive links to.

I get that posting contracts is irritating, but in the end I donā€™t think this EQS craze has ruined my chances to get one. And I am still enjoying the chase.

LH has just become mainstream, this is what happens; the slickdeals mention above is not too far off. Slickdeals, LHdeals, DansDeals, etc.
This is the way.

2 Likes

So when you see something :fire: on SD selling on Amazon and rush to buy it, but the deal is gone - you donā€™t think itā€™s the SD effect?

2 Likes

Demand is measured by signed deals not inquiries. MB isnt going to keep their prices high if they arent moving cars no matter how many lookers there are. Iā€™m not worried about painful shoppers inundating dealers with false expectations. MB will sell or lease cars where there is demand from qualified buyers - ie people who actually buy/lease their cars. There will always be demand for products below market established prices - that is true for virtually every product now.

2 Likes

Demand as far as MB is. Demand as far as the dealers is absolutely driven by inquiries. You dont think theyā€™re going to behave differently when the phone is ringing off the hook vs when itā€™s silent?

4 Likes

Not surprised that this has all of a sudden became a problem. I knew this was going to go sideways when I saw LH EQS deals start to pop up on my FYPā€¦ Hell I even encountered @HersheySweet in the comments section of that LH EQS Tiktok video :rofl:

Does it really make that much more a difference than a newbie reading the post on LH and calling 20 dealers asking them to match ā€œthe leasehackr dealā€? I got a few leasehackr deal responses when I called around for the Macan, but still ended up finding one. Yes, they now have an example contract to share, but I think what kills the deals for everyone else is just the demand itself, regardless of signed.

One porsche dealer sent me ā€œviewā€ stats on his demo macan, it was up 500+ views from the previous week with like 50 views. I knew why, obviously didnā€™t say anything tho. Thanked him for his time, wished him well, and kept looking.

Honestly, what hurts most is when tire kickers call around, get a deal, and then donā€™t take it. That kills the car, deal, dealer, rep, everything for everyone else.

IMO, high inquiries will initially create the potential for a less willing dealer, but when the conversion rate of inquiries to closed sales is minuscule (which may take weeks/months to present) then the number of inquiries wont matter anymore. In some way, it may make a dealer more likely to take a thin deal quickly if they know thats what the market is going to demand anyway.

3 Likes

The problem is if you donā€™t understand leasing dealers will walk you to a bad deal

A lead is a lead - contracts are just pure ammo - dealers canā€™t fight it - hence the craziness

When dealers ask for proof - dudes are send real contracts over lol

The real problem is there is absolutely 0 benefit to mentioning leasehackr to a deal and 100% detrimentā€¦ yet people do it anyways.

Because they donā€™t understand how this whole system works.

They think this is a coupon book, not a resource. Being a leasehackr or not does not change MF, RV, discount, and incentives. So why are the peanut brains mentioning it at all?

10 Likes

Riffing on this, could be time barred ā€“ uploads are restricted to the Unicorn Lounge/Signed for a pre-designated period of time like ~21 days before being made available to the general LHer community.

This gives the hackrs with Unicorn access (based on community contributions, or maybe a Unicorn Level Supporter fee) a shot at closing a deal before it gets flooded by low-effort newbies, while still satisfying the general education mission of the site.

3 Likes