Temporarily Taking Down SIGNED! Contracts

That’s the best idea. If people go through “training/mandatory tutorials” there would be less post that say “can you tell me MF RV”. Also people would realize that “unicorn” ain’t for everybody unless you understand what your doing .

You could make a intro small video of how the website works and what they can find and about the different sections . :nerd_face:

1 Like

Can’t wait for eqs mania to die

4 Likes

Sad Boy Meets World GIF

4 Likes

I am ready for round 2✔️

2 Likes

Hackers lounge only?!?

nah. Hacker’s lounge is not what many people think it is.

3 Likes

Proctored exam, 90% score to pass.

Sylvan Prometrics acquires LH

10 Likes

Use Respondus lock down browser with webcam. Tracks your eyes and even flags you during test :grinning:. 360 scan required to ensure there is no additional resources present.

we see a cookie from reddit.com or slickdeals.net - your LH session will be browse-only for 72 hours

8 Likes

Still beatable. A friend told me…

2 Likes

Oh it is for sure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :eyes:

1 Like

No crying while cheating bro

4 Likes

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

1 Like

It annoys the F–k out of you while taking the test. Like I can look at the bottom of my screen and instant flag. Like what can I be looking at if I did a full 360 scan

1 Like

As somebody who is looking into getting a lease and recently came across this forum, I am curious what exactly is the issue with current craze. Trying to find a great deal seems to be the main point of this forum, so what exactly is meant by weaponizing the signed contracts?
Just sending them to dealers?
If so, what problem does that create?

I also see people upset about the current uptick in people looking for this EQS deal, is it because they are worried that it’ll prevent leasing deals for others? The way I see it, there’s a good deal on a luxury car that had very poor market reception in its first year and some people are trying to take advantage, it seems like a perfectly logical outcome.

To be clear I am not saying that the concerns are unfounded, I am more wondering if someone who has been around for a while would be able to explain what exactly is problematic as I feel I am missing something.

1 Like

3 Likes

Long story short is you have a ton of people flooding in with unrealistic expectations that then go out and flood dealers in a painful manner. It generates fake demand, which raises prices for everyone, and it turns interactions into a hostile environment.

15 Likes

I would say you would have to submit a SIGNED! with a contract to be able to view other people’s SIGNED!. Should take lurkers away from grabbing contracts and contributes/incentivizes to growing the database.

Locking it behind supporters etc might not make people want to spend the time redacting personal information and uploading the contract for someone else to potentially profit off it

4 Likes

Uneducated, unsophisticated shoppers, of cars generically and leasing specifically, see a link from their default cheapo message board - to someone else’s solved NY times crossword that unlocks the secret discount, copy it, present it as their own, and poison the marketplace for others.

I am all for saving money by eliminating asymmetry — jfc you have to invest an hour understanding what you don’t know, before you start driving with your kinkos printouts of Hershey’s deal sheet, in your 2008 Camry, to 100 Mercedes dealers, ruining them for anyone who might know what they’re doing.

It’s selfish and embarrassing. Which to these :cowboy_hat_face: :clown_face: is a feature, not a bug.

9 Likes

Did this really happen or is it hyperbole? Like the printout and driving around?

1 Like