Temporarily Taking Down SIGNED! Contracts

This specific example would be more like SD causing a bunch of hits to the AMZ website with very few conversions to a purchase. Doesn’t affect the availability of the deal. But yes, when deal websites post deals, those that don’t see the deal and act quickly enough lose out. LH is now one of those sites that results in all of us here, even those that have been a close part of the ‘inner’ community, having to sometimes compete for the same car. That’s not new though. So too bad but that’s what happens when you get good. And ad revenue goes up. And then Rakuten or Motor Trend or the Flyertalk folks buys you. Ruins it for many in the local community, but that’s the natural progression. This EQS craze and foolish waiving of posted contracts was entirely predictable from day one.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. The number of bottom fishers looking for a unicorn deal is irrelevant to the selling price.

Mentioning LH is actually an anti-coupon based on some of the conversations I’ve been privy to.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

The people namedropping it deserve worse than a bad deal. You have to be severely out of your mind to mention it.

3 Likes

For the dealers to love LH or not, at least they are moving the EQS this month. In hindsight when their March #s come out, they should thank LH and all the publicity for moving the jelly bean off their lot.

2 Likes

This is short-term thinking.

1 Like

A lot of deals are time sensitive. Artificial demand def screws people looking for a current rates/incentives.

4 Likes

Thats truthfully the LH way…Im not being sarcastic :slight_smile:

Every single good deal here has a shelf life…usually a short one.

2 Likes

My bad, I should have stated that I am more focused on LH’s business longevity.

Sarcasm noted, hahahaahaa.

My main point is that, and I am not coming from a brokers perspective, this site seems to rely on a continuous stream of abnormally good deals. They all have a window of opportunity… they expire… and something else has to fill the void.

I suppose the LH business path is something that is outside of an LH users purview, but it has crossed my mind occasionally that there comes a critical mass point where the things that are possible when only a small percentage of people know about them become more difficult when everybody knows about them. That seems contrary to growth.

1 Like

I am of the mind frame to give out as much information as possible and let each individual decide what sticks. Sure some of it could be made up/not 100% truthful/ etc but at the same time trying to monitor that info limits the exposure to the community. Let the people decide what they want to retain and what is passed by. Using the lowest common denominator will limit what is shared. I love looking at the deals (even if not in the market for a car), I am not of fan of “share the dealer” but at the end of the day its up to the OP to share the dealer or pass on that request.

1 Like

Issue is most people don’t want to learn. You give them the contract they go the dealers and bug them out. :grinning:

If they learned where and how those numbers came to be it would all be good.

3 Likes

Can’t fix laziness. I am all for having the SIGNED! section restricted, maybe you have to wait 90 days after you register and have x number of posts, or some other metric related score.

The time delay could eliminate unicorn hunters for leaching off hackrs hard work

4 Likes

How about just posting details and calc in Signed, but a Trusted or Admin can delist the posting pending review of contract through DM? That way, you are only reviewing and repairing suspect deals instead of every deal and no contracts are being publicly posted.

4 Likes

I think this is a good idea, because no one is calling BS on a $500 per month Nissan Rogue. The true unicorns are few and far between, especially these days.

@spockvr6 reminded me we were all newbs at once, and I get that. But seeing the EQS mega thread is wild.

That being said if you want more privacy, use hackers lounge

1 Like

No matter what, cars will still sell at “market value” - this isn’t the same as MSRP or Invoice. This especially applies to some high end BMW and MB cars (m8, i8, sl, eqs, etc) that are simple not worth their asking price so market compensates.

These aren’t really “hacks” as much as these cars finally coming down to a price people will pay. If i8 can ever sell for its original retail price of like $165, it would have. EQS deals only exist because that’s what the car is worth to the public and the price at which it actually moves and no contract visibility, or LH score will change this.

This is true… something simple like the MMR data as a guide proves this out. A 450 is worth something less than $70,000 to the market…MSRP be damned. Its irrelevant (outside of the lease RV calcs of course).

1 Like

I think many of the hacks on leasehackr have been cars that are undesirable at their sticker price or the manufacturer overestimated demand. All the best ones I can remember were that way. Jag F-type, Chevy bolts, BMW i8 and f80 M3, MB E class, any of the hybrid/ EV bmws. Can’t recall them all them all now.
If someone finds an undesirable car that can be discounted enough to warrant demand, that is a hack in my opinion.

I don’t ever remembering seeing anyone get an extraordinary deal on a Merc GLS, GLE, or kia telluride, unless it’s an outgoing model year or facelift (there was a $3xx X5 once that was an odd ball). I don’t think I’ve seen too many reproducible hacks for popular models.

2 Likes

I agree with the main point.

Volvo S90 and @cheapdad00 was the first LH flipper, I believe.

3 Likes