Taxes in New York

Illinois taxes the payment now! Didn’t you know that?

Really? I honestly don’t remember. Show me a lease worksheet that was correct where I computed something different.

1 Like

Right here: 2018 Audi A4 deal evaulation

Yes I do. But, they used to compute taxes on the total base payment. A friend of mine total his accord and wasn’t reimbursed unearned taxes at the time payments were based on the sum of the base payments.

At the time… that changed so why even bring it up? Has no relevance… again… stay on point

Where is the lease worksheet? Also, I did forget about the luxury tax… I’ll give you that. But, I did say…

delta737h

Aug '18

delta737h:

6.25% x (36 x 515.45 + 3140 + 499) + 0.4% x 45,607 + 10 = 1,605

YIKES! Thanks! That gets me to…

6.625% x (36 x 515.45 + 3140 + 499) + 0.4% x 45,607 + 10 = 1,679

Now, we’re real close. But, I still believe 1,744 is too much. The difference is 65 tax and 65/.06625 = 981. Where am I going to find an additional 981 of taxable fees in this deal? Still need to see the 2,000 DAS.
You’re right… the focus needs to be on the selling price.

Lux tax is essential to NJ tax… if you didn’t include it means you don’t know how to calculate nj tax

The hell it doesn’t! Regardless of the time, ILLINOIS did not refund the earned portion of the tax!

I knew it but completely forgot about it. Please Sire, a thousand pardons your excellency!

Pretty much everyone in a lease today in the state of Illinois is paying taxes on the base payment. So your argument has no relevance

Give me a break you had barely a clue on what it was…so stop preaching about crap you don’t know.

Well, apparently you didn’t know how to compute NJ tax either, genius. To wit…

nyclifeRegistered Business

Aug '18

With the tire taxes, I’m just under 1700. About 40 bucks off.

You just don’t get it, do you? Why don’t you hire an LD tutor and have them explain it to you.

Lol you don’t have a clue keep doing your math. You made a bold claim about a dealer overcollecting sales tax, which is a felony I believe (not sure here) didn’t have anything to back it up. I said it’s pretty damn close to being right.

Clearly your common sense isn’t your strong suit

Joking about mental illness is a class act. Bravo

This discussion needs to take a left turn back to civil discourse, please.

References to folks having learning disabilities is not necessary or acceptable.

3 Likes

Thank you… he will probably continue to joke about mental illnesses… surprised he would go that low… but nothing surprises me about this site anymore

Can you show me why the 1,744.10 tax is correct? After all, you were off by $40… How do you know there wasn’t a mistake made if you couldn’t determine how they arrived at the 1744.10 tax? You make no sense.

You’re absolutely right. I apologize. I should not have said it.

1 Like

It’s not a mod you should be replying to…

2 Likes