2018 Audi A4 deal evaulation

New 2018 A4 Premium Plus Quattro Manual
MSRP 51,250
Selling Price 45,606.99
Rebates 3050
Tax 1744.10 (seems high) should be 6.625% of leased amount)
Doc fee 499
Aquasition fee 895
Reg/title 334.50
Due at signing 2,000 (minimum was 1,405.45)
Payment 550.00

RV is 50% cause 3/15 per year
MF is .00033

Let me know if there is any wiggle room. I tried using calculator but am sure I was not putting things in correct spots.

1 Like

In which state do you reside? It appears that your state levies tax on the total base payments. Can you itemize the 2,000 due at signing? What is the cap reduction? The 499 doc fee seems extremely high.
Not sure if you’re aware that Audi makes the first payment expiring on 9/3. Therefore, the 2,000 DAS shouldn’t include 1st payment.

I am in NJ. The doc fee is about what NJ luxury dealers charge. I don’t have a breakdown of the $2000. But looking at sheet it says adj cap cost is 44,591.04. I will see if I can get a break down of the 2000. The CCR line is blank. The first months payment is included in the 3050. Edmunds site has 2500 lease cash and first months payment.

Thanks
Derek

NJ taxes the sum of the base payments. The adjusted cap of 44,591.04 is correct. There must be a cap reduction as the sell price is 45,606.99 which exceeds the adjusted cap. One possibility is that the cap reduction is 3,140.30 and, the amount capped is the acq fee of 895 and total base payment taxes of 1,229.35 which gives an adjusted cap of 44,591.04. The 1,744.10 tax is way too high. Even if I tax the total payments (36 x 550) which already includes tax plus, tax the 2,000 DAS plus tax on the 3,140.30 cap reduction @6.625%, I get 1,652.29 which is also too high. They shouldn’t be including your 1st month payment in the 3,050. If that total represents a rebate, then that is clearly a misrepresentation. All rebates are taxable. To include the 550 1st payment, which already includes tax, means you would be paying tax on tax. Something isn’t right. Need to see an itemization of the 2,000 DAS.
Also, I’m sure you can get the sell price reduced. Check edmunds.

Pretty standard for NJ.

You aren’t factoring in the supplemental luxury tax charged by State of NJ and the tax on the rebates.

1 Like

Some wiggle room in this, don’t focus on the smaller things just yet. Try to get the selling price down, that will most affect your payment in the least amount of time rather than arguing about tax/doc fee.

I assumed that the rebate is part of the cap reduction. What is the luxury tax… $100 or so? Isn’t it 0.4% of the sell price? I can’t believe it would be that much to make that great of a difference than what I’ve calculated which I know is excessive. Something still isn’t making sense and it ain’t me…

With the tire taxes, I’m just under 1700. About 40 bucks off.

However, 40 bucks will make a grand total of a 1.11 difference a month. I’m sure the OP wants it to be cheaper by a little more than that. So they should focus on lowering the selling price, rather than $40.

Also I don’t see plates as a charge.

Can’t really come up with anything definitive until we have an itemization of the 2,000 DAS. However, my very preliminary calculations yield a base payment of 515.45… so estimated total tax is…

6.25% x (36 x 515.45 + 3140 + 499) + 0.4% x 45,607 + 10 = 1,605

The base payment caps the 895 acq fee; the 3,140 cap reduction includes the rebate. Not sure how you’re getting 1,700. Tire taxes can’t be more than $10. But, we’re within $100 of each other.

6.625 (20202020202020202020)

YIKES! Thanks! That gets me to…

6.625% x (36 x 515.45 + 3140 + 499) + 0.4% x 45,607 + 10 = 1,679

Now, we’re real close. But, I still believe 1,744 is too much. The difference is 65 tax and 65/.06625 = 981. Where am I going to find an additional 981 of taxable fees in this deal? Still need to see the 2,000 DAS.
You’re right… the focus needs to be on the selling price.

I really appreciate all of your responses and input. I will ask the dealer on Monday for a breakdown of the 2,000 DAS. I was trying to see if the dealer was hiding any money in the lease deal and if the payment made sense. In your opinions how much more can I expect to get? This is the 3rd dealer I am negotiating with and the lowest so far. This is with them having to do a dealer swap to get the car my wife wants from approximalty 300 miles away. Again I really appreciate the insight. Plates are included with reg and title.

I’d go to that dealer, and negotiate shipping. Manuals don’t sell, someone with a manual in stock will have more incentive to sell it than one who doesn’t have it.

I tried on another car that was closer about 120 miles away and they would not go down to the price I have at this dealer. They would only come down about 2700 plus the Audi incentives.

I just leased an A4 (similar variant) make sure you are getting a true Summer of Audi car. The best lease rates are on the Premium Plus with the Tech Value Package, this gets you about $1,300 in options for free. My MSRP was $48,050 it has the full Audi Tech package, B&O sound, folding mirrors, LED lights, and Pre-sense Basic & City.

I had the best luck at the dealer I had a test drive at, they knew I was serious. As soon as I mentioned going to check with BMW on the 3 series, and mentioned their higher residual value, I got a lot more movement.

In Minnesota, I was able to get 10.9% off of list in the end at my dealer, but I got offers routinely in the 7-8% off list range. Online people have gotten as high as 12% off, but that seems less likely unless you get lucky. I did get a dealer in Illinois to get to 9.5% off MSRP, but he was at a riduculous MF rate of .00091.

Good Luck!

Burgy,

Thank you for the info. I have 11% off right now. I thought that was pretty good considering they have to do a dealer swap. I would love more off though. I emailed dealer to clarify some of the numbers from above to make sure it all makes sense.

Derek

what are your payment details like? how many miles 10 or 12?

My info is above and it’s for 15,000 miles per year. I believe Burgy has a separate thread started about his.

$502 w/ $550 down for licensing and plates, 12,000K miles annually. I do have another post for mine. Should have calculated out DDRock’s discount, just looking at it I didnt do the math in my head right.

Delta,

I received a response from dealer said there is no CCR cause fees and taxes are more than the 2k DAS and the 2,000 DAS is for fees/taxes. I will press them again for the breakdown of the 2k. They are suppose to let me know this morning of the other dealer is willing to do the swap. At this point I am not holding my breath. Another dealer said they tried to swap with 2 other dealers and no dice. Both dealers I have communicated with said no one wants to swap manuals because they are so rare. May have to try that dealer myself like nyc suggested.

Derek