Talk me out of this (S2000 thread)

You always seem to have data on SAL how quick cars sell, when posted, what is trending, etc

3 Likes

Just surfing lol, sometimes you can get a good deal on there.

For example this February I picked up an f150 platinum with 1500 miles/month for $450/mo.

When I got two from the dealer for the construction company it was about $200+/mo more.

Right now Iā€™m surfing for deals as my hellcat is up this month and the truck is up in December, plus my dad wants another exotic and w/covid my residency has slowed down whereas usually I have no time to think(anesthesiology) so I have some extra idle time on my hands and with nowhere to go it gets spent on swapalease.

So Iā€™m shopping m5ā€™s, corvetteā€™s, Lamborghinis, mclaren, etc etc

3 Likes

Are you really going to put almost 20k on it in 6 months to justify that .37/mi? Thatā€™s a shit ton of driving.

I can find many reasons to drive a 500HP car.

The Corvette is a dead end. Lady claims sheā€™s had over 300 inquires and is selling it to a dealer in UT. Yet her ad remains up. Shocking that her business failedā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™d be more leery of Ally lease transfers right now - they were slow before, but if theyā€™re even happening now, it could take the rest of the lease to completeā€¦

3 Likes

Let me know if you spot anything fun in the upper Midwest :+1:

Maybe we need a ā€˜best lease deals youā€™ve seenā€™ threadā€¦hmmmā€¦

2 Likes

Ally transfer takes 6-8 weeks from start to finish sometimes. that will leave you with ~ 4 months of car with more incentive/month.

1 Like

I was thinking of starting a thread like thatā€¦ something like best swapalease deals, but maybe you should have the honor of creating the thread :joy:, Iā€™ll be the first post.

The guy that posted the truck that I drive now put down an 7.5k down payment :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Cost me nothing.

And in the winter! How exciting :drooling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see a thread like that! I canā€™t browse swapalease as much as Iā€™d like so Highlights would be awesome. So many people put $5k+ down on a lease then transfer it without recouping or even offering incentives.

Please do it. Youā€™re the SAL master. It would be way more beneficial than the ā€œderp what are the best car deals this month derpā€ threads.

3 Likes

what happened to the guy from SAL who used to counter-troll Worst Leases?

1 Like

didnā€™t he found Swapalease? I was under the impression he was the founder of the site.

2 Likes

My best ever leaseswap was a BMW 335 sedan which the original leasee had $18,000 out-of-pocket upfront. I took it over with $3000 to him plus I (generouslyā€¦LOL) covered the transfer fee.

3 Likes

These deals I donā€™t see anymore, used to be a gold mine for pocketing 3-4K from some newbie to NYC who realized its a mortgage payment to garage that Beamer. Last great deal I helped a buddy secure a CTS-V for $350 a month and he pocketed $2800 incentive. Original lessee put down 14k :mask:

1 Like

Some people put down a large amount thinking they may buy the car out at lease end. Doesnā€™t usually work out that wayā€¦

2 Likes

They do exist, seems like people are getting smarter though.

Was going to say the same thingā€¦now you have to really dig and I think I just havenā€™t bothered. Gone are the days of choosing which incentive and car you wanted lol.

If the economy collapses again it should be open season.

Plus it is (was?) manual.