SUVS: Which would you choose and why? Atlas SE w/motion/tech, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Mazda CX9 Touring w/Premium

That’s the plan but wanted to make sure I’m testing driving something in the budget.

Highlander is nice but the infotainment is dated. Crv is more modern, but smaller. I’d trust them to both to not fall apart. I wouldn’t say the same for the Jeep.

I hated our cx9, replaced it with a passport. Much happier with the passport. I liked the passport a lot more than the crv, however, you’re not getting one for under $350 with leather.

WHats he reason for hating the cx9?
I’ve only heard great things about the 2019
Thanks
Also, it is only 3 years, one would hope these cars can last that without anything breaking down…knock on wood.

Infotainment on the cx9 was absolutely miserable. Hate the system. For such a big car, it’s rather small inside. Think of it as a cx5 with a bigger trunk. Features weren’t amazing for the price. It drove fine, but so does everything else in the class.

Basically, it felt like a cheap car that they tried to make look expensive.

As for the Jeep lasting 3 years, when I was shopping, I looked at multiple grand Cherokees that had buttons falling out of the dash on the showroom floor. They couldn’t even make it to being sold without breaking.

Do note that a lot of people like the cx9 and I never had any problems with mine, other than the infotainment system. My wife was ecstatic when it was finally financially reasonable to get rid of it. Your opinion may vary.

Interesting. As for the system was it because it doesn’t have touch screen

No (although I don’t like that either). The system was incredibly slow, would take several minutes after starting the car before you could input a destination, the UX was bad, they told us for years that we were just a few weeks away from being able to get apple carplay/android auto, etc. Occasionally it would just shut off and then reboot. Had it looked at a couple times, software updates took the start up time from a few minutes to 90 seconds. It just was designed poorly.

Now, I don’t know what improvements they have made in the past year or two, and my dislike for the UX doesn’t mean it won’t work for you.

That does help. So I actually won’t use the Navigation because I use my phone nav.
I feel like they said it has apple carplay.
If anyone else has input please let me know. Thanks for everything

This stuff is easy to check. What is there to feel?

Wait, so want to make sure that you’re test driving something in your budget and yet have constructed the main question as a hypothetical situation in which all the listed cars are the same price…? :thinking:

My sister leased a 2016 Cherokee, she never had any issue even after drove it off the highway when she was trying to avoid a careless 18 wheeler. She is in a 18 Cherokee limited, which has almost every option, it has been 18 months in this unit and she has no issue at all so far. I do not believe a dealer would put a new but broken vehicle in the showroom unless the dealership is being out of business. No pictures, no truth.

1 Like

What motivation would I have to lie about this?

I didn’t even discuss the two lemon law buy backs my family has done with their fca products in the past 2 years.

yes, because it seems like I can get them for the same price, but sometimes people disagree. I already have similar pricing. Time to test drive.

I had a Lexus RX350 lemoned at 510 miles, a cranking noise from engine and the dealer can not fix it. However, it did not change my mind about Lexus is the best made vehicle, because there are so many good ones on the road.

Yes, 2019 now comes with carplay. Thanks

I’m lying because you had a Lexus?

it would be so funny to see a dealer selling something broken as new, especially in the show room. I would definitely take a picture and share with my friends, just for fun. But that would be me, not everyone. BTW, I am not saying you are lying, I am just simply do not believe something I have never seen.
For a lease, you only drive the car for a relatively short period of time, reliability is not that important as long as your whole term is covered by warranty.

Consumer Reports says the 10 vehicles with the lowest reliability ratings are:

If you really care that much about reliability, Atlas would be out of discussion before JGC, based on public information.

thanks for the info.

I see a lot of people saying they are getting amazing deals on the Volvo xc60. Does anyone know someone that they can recommend to speak with about a deal for this suv? Thanks

There are numerous brokers on here that have posted great deals on the xc90 and xc60 in the marketplace on here.

I have spoken with a few and the deals do not end up as good as they start.
Still trying…