Suggest an Exotic Lease for less than $800/mo

No $800/mo car will turn heads in any decent So-Cal neighborhood unfortunately. I wouldn’t look twice unless I see a RR Cullinan and it’s because relatively new. Heck, I see Bentaygas almost daily in Westside La.

3 Likes

Diesel truck and roll coal. that would get attention in CA

11 Likes

Only b/c cars from US manufacturers (outside of Ford) are not so common. Honda Odysseys are pretty common here. Toyota Siennas, not so much (not sure why)

Depending on which part of SoCal, an X5 will not get much attention.

No, you will look twice b/c it’s so ugly, it’s like rubber-necking at a car crash. :frowning:

Not really. We’d just assume you were part of a construction team working on a mixed-use bldg that will do nothing to ease the housing crisis.

To the OP, can you get a base Velar for $800/mo? Plenty sexy and moderately useful. And, at least where I live, not as commonly seen as Porsche Macans/Cayennes or any German SUV (or even a regular RR).

I’d recommend getting a broker.

You are all talking about Southern California as if it’s one place.

Almost anything model year 2008 and later will turn heads in San Bernardino.

7 Likes

The Land Rover Defender that’s due out this year or the company that has copied it and made it electric

1 Like

Are you fucking kidding me?

2 Likes

Having lived in San Diego now for 10+ years, no exotic car really surprises me with the exception of classics. As such, OP should go old skool with a Trans Am preferably with an 8 track player.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/796932220/overview/

Or consider a Quigley 4x4 lifted beach van.

6 Likes

Houses in nice neighborhoods average 7 figures here in California. I don’t know why people are judging what the op’s wife wants to drive. If they want to support the economy, let them be. I know I don’t want to be driving around in certain cars in my neighborhood, you are just asking to get reported to the police.

8 Likes

It’s like driving in a Harley, great way to turn on creepy old men

Not if you live within a 50-mile radius of the IE. they’re as common as Model 3s.

1 Like

This whole post is Kardashianesque and ammo for people in other countries to hate Americans. The honesty is refreshing though.

3 Likes

You can’t lease these but I turn more heads and meet more people with my VW bus! Always parked in the front when I valet. image|675x499

3 Likes

Eh

That’s like saying people in other countries/regions do not splurge or care about image, which is very untrue.

Insert
Dubai
Monaco
Macau

To name a few

Would folks be bashing this person if he was a ski addict who spent $800 on lift tickets each month? Or a wine connoisseur who spent over $1000/month on Bordeaux?

Edit: Or if he chooses to spend 50% more shopping at Whole Foods.

I’m never one to bash people’s spending for things they enjoy. I still don’t see the point of working hard unless you fund the things you enjoy. Whether it be cars, paying your mortgage off early, vacations, wine, etc…

If image wasn’t important, Instagram wouldn’t exist.

12 Likes

Add Russia to that list.

2 Likes

Not the same as trying to impress others at a school

1 Like

1, get a cpo C class roadster for around 30k -
this one is in CA :

2, put on the C63S front Grill Finally installed the Panamericana/GTR-style grille! - MBWorld.org Forums

3, Put on C63S AMG sticker on the back and V8 bi-turbo on the side

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223448603224

4, Put on a loud quad muffler with tips that match the OEM look

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Mounted-Mercedes-benz-2012-2015-diffuser/dp/B07SS923Z2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=c63+amg+exhaust&qid=1578251353&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Once done - you’ll get the $90k C63S roadster that would otherwise cost $1200 per month to lease , and very rare to find one on road in general —

Given mercedes offers special interest rate for CPOs, say 2.99 for 72 month , you’ll have a monthly payment less than $500 , and will turn tons of heads ( with the loud muffler at least) .

And not many folk in your upper middle class town will able to tell it’s a C300 under the hood ( assuming your wife always drive in comfort mode anyway )

5 Likes

Remember that guy who Was banned a few weeks ago? Slope side dude @ the 5 star resort lol

4 Likes

If it’s anything the last few days have proved, it’s that the US does plenty outside of the Kardashians to give the world reasons to hate us…

I dunno. YMMV, but OP’s question doesn’t bother me. It’s not just that they’re honest, it’s also that they’re giving us relatively useful information that may help to point to a car that will satisfy them.

That’s funny, I was thinking he could put a Brabus body kit on his GLE and call it a day.

3 Likes

Problem solved!

Here’s a flashy German car on sale that’s got ample room to hold the kids, and will garner plenty of looks from others. The best car to see and be seen in!

https://www.ebay.com/i/114047418279?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40741%26meid%3D8e99a9e98173452295b8ed3a84c44425%26pid%3D100694%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D29%26sd%3D223790858217%26itm%3D114047418279%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2386202

2 Likes