Subaru Legacy XT touring or Forester Touring Lease Deals not as great anymore?

Hello, so my daughters Subaru outback lease is up in March, and the Subaru has been pushing the pull ahead on me. However, I leased this in 2018, 39k MSRP, and paying $379 per month, 1st month down, 15k miles per year.
Now, looking at another Suabru, either the Legacy XT touring or Forester Touring, they are telling me the lease deals are not nearly as good. I am getting quotes in the 530-550 range.
I know I need to do more work, but is 300’s for the same car even reasonable? Have things changed that much in the leasing area?

Thanks

If you ask the dealer how much they want you to pay, don’t be surprised when they give you a number that is in their favor.

Remember, talking to a dealer is for finding someone to do your deal, not for figuring out what something should lease for. There’s no reason to suspect that the numbers they gave you are indicative of what’s actually possible. Gotta do the work.

Thanks, I just started looking, and the numbers just seemed crazy. 38k car leasing for $550… Need to contact more dealers and negotiate.

Things change all the time.

What are the current RV, MF and incentives from Edmunds forums in your zip code?

I think thats why I see maybe one new Subaru legacy on the road a month, since the new model came out they are rarely seen which surprises me why they still think they can demand such high lease prices. No one is buying that car.

From NOVEMBER 3rd 2020

Key Stats

How many Legacy did Subaru sell in 2020?

Subaru sold 22,526 Legacy in 2020. (From Jan - Oct 2020)

How many Legacy did Subaru sell in October 2020?

Subaru sold 2,490 Legacy in October 2020.

How many Legacy did Subaru sell in 2019?

Subaru sold 35,063 Legacy in 2019. In 2018, Subaru sold 40,109 Legacy. They sold 5,046 more units in year 2018 compared to 2019 with a percent loss of 12.58% YoY.

i have been a loyal subaru person for years, and was able to get a sub 300 lease last December, but i feel they are not up to date with standard features. I got a 2020 impreza sport, that has a sticker for 27k and it doesn’t even have digital air controls. I guess Subaru has a certain niche audience and they feel they do not need to offer as many incentives as other brands

Did some research and found a dealer willing to deal.
Think I got a good deal and will post the detailed info when they send it over.
2020 Outback touring 39k msrp.
330 per month, 36/12k miles per year.
Residual is $21.5k
Decided to put down 1500 plus fees to get to the payment I wanted.
I didn’t have many choices as this is for my daughter and she wanted another outback.
Will post the actual numbers when they send them over.

You are right about Subaru having a certain niche however I don’t know how long that will play out for.

As long as there is woman who love safety ratings and the best AWD system for winter conditions lol

As long as the Cascadia event doesn’t happen and the Pacific Northwest remains intact…

True haha…Many will have to change the business model if catastrophic events happen lol

About to sign on this deal:
MSRP is 39,209 and selling cost is 34982.24. So just a notch over 10% off… MF is
00100 and residual is 21564.95.
I am paying the dealer fees, plates up front, 1st moths and little down, so total out the
door of 2.5k
Payment is 350 including IL tax of 6.25%
They are also applying a manufacturer rebate of $1250 and $350 lease loyalty.

If this a good deal?
Best I was able to negotiate in IL. Most others were around 370’s plus tax

That wouldn’t be a good deal in my market (NorCal) especially being a 2020. Just decent.
But if you did your due diligence and compared offers from all your local dealers and it really is the best deal you can find then just go for it if you are happy and won’t lose sleep thinking about whether you got a good deal or not.

agree, I always see the best deals in the Cali area, and I have friends/family there and they seem to always get better deals. Midwest is not that great.

Try Chicagoland. I found very good Subaru deals there.

That is where I found this deal. Locally I couldn’t get any better. Also, a few dealers just refused to negotiate over the phone/email. I have very little patience to go back and forth with dealers… This dealer did come down off the original lease terms, and kept in constant contact, etc… Did the paperwork via mail. Very easy to deal with, professional, so if they made a few bucks on the deal, that is perfectly fine with me!

1 Like