Struggling to find CAR Insurance!

Hi,

Can someone please help me and recommend me some Insurance companies for leased cars?
I was about to leave the country and go on a trip and all my plans got cancelled before I left and I cancelled my policy for my previous car and it was pointless keeping it and making payments without having the car.

I’m struggling to find auto insurance companies, I’m trying to lease a brand new car and they’re asking for proof of insurance, I can’t even get the lease without the insurance. What am I supposed to do? I looked online and found some bs links that keep redirecting me to pointless pages without giving me proper info.

I live in a crappy zip code with ridiculous insurance rates, 91205.
I’m trying to get 2023 EQB 300 leased but I can’t because of no car insurance.
I asked farmers and the wait time to get an auto insurance is 25 days!!!
I asked AAA and the wait time to get an auto insurance is 14 days minimum.

I’ll appreciate if someone can recommend me to an insurance company for new leased cars with fast processing and quotes.
My Record is clean and I’m over 30+.

Thank you,

Use GEICO online, then switch if you need to. Have you ever had insurance with USAA ? If so they might be faster.

1 Like

Geico has 15 day wait policy, tried it already.
No I don’t have USAA,I tried it and even USAA has 2 week waiting period.
Wawanesa is the only one with 7 day processing time.

They can’t even process the lease info because of no insurance, I wish I never cancelled the policy, the lease on my previous car ended and I had plans to move out of the country for a month or so, plans got cancelled and now I’m stuck with no car insurance.
They keep telling me to give them a car insurance, how am I supposed to have a car insurance without even having a car? doesn’t even make sense.
Ext. frustrating, CALI gone to s**t past couple years, majority of the companies are running away from the State.

Maybe tag your post with CA. Did you try places with agents like a Allstate or State Farm?

2 Likes

Just did, thank you!

2 Likes

That’s what I’ll try to do tomorrow, honestly never seen or experienced something like this before.

Try an independent broker that sells all kinds of [crappy] insurance. Some of those target people that cannot obtain insurance otherwise (tickets, credit issues, etc) so you may have to pay some premium to get your foot in the door and, hopefully, be able to cancel fast enough afterwards.

2 Likes

Doesn’t CA have a state insurance fund of last resort? MD has MAIF for people that can’t get insured otherwise. Rates would be very high, but should only be temporary.

Not helpful but warning to others, letting insurance lapse can be very costly. My suggestion is having a non owned policy so you don’t run into problems like this. The insurance company is going to rate you like you’re 16 years old. You will find insurance, but it will be very expensive for a while

4 Likes

You’re willing to pay more on monthly insurance than car note? Seems like that’s going to happen

Sucks but what am I supposed to do? the way it looks I just have to wait out the 2 weeks waiting bs.

ya thing is mine wasn’t planned, I was supposed to leave the country and go on a trip.
Plans got cancelled and now I’m stuck with no insurance and can’t even lease a car because I don’t even have a policy… lol sucks but it is what is and you’re right!

Don’t get a EV.

My EV is crazy high in insurance vs my AMG. Almost double

Nevermind, I thought your previous car was an active lease.

Get on a policy of a relative. And leave after a few months

@sledbeagle2 on his way to snipe your EQB

skill snipe GIF by Plays

2 Likes

Start insurance process then rent a car while you wait.

Can you change the image to a COD quick scope pls thats more my style :rofl:

1 Like

Try leasing a Tesla. A Model 3 or Model Y should be cheap enough in California. And you can get insurance through them. Unless they also ask for proof of insurance as well, before you lease the car.

It would suck if OP leases a Tesla and they deny him insurance.