Struggling to find CAR Insurance!

Are you comparing the cost of insuring all 10 of your EVs to the AMG?

Nope!

My one EQS450 is about $225 a month vs $108 on my 2021 GLE63

I came off my parentā€™s insurance policy in 2018, when I bought a new car.

I got a USAA policy while I was at the car dealership and it was effective that day. Granted, things may have changed since 2018, but when I called and talked to someone it was no problem for the policy to start that day. Initially they wanted to do next day, but when I called and said ā€œI am at the dealership trying to leave with a car,ā€ it was not a problem. I did not need to show any proof that I was currently insured.

You are in CA and are pretty scrooed. You have an insurance commissioner (elected) that has pretty much messed up the entire market. Most big companies have either pulled out or slowed business way down (long wait times to get a policy).

The immediate options are non standard companies that can issue immeditatly. You sould be able to find a broker that can help with this. Once you get that issued you can apply with other carriers that have longer wait times.

A smart broker in your area is one of the best options. They are hungry for business (as the carriers have pretty much shut them down) and will do the leg work for you.

Also remember your insurance comissioner when you vote again. Has he let the carriers get the rate needed for Ca this would not have been an issue to start with.

The dealer can sell you a 30 day insurance binder, just do that

I was finally able to get an insurance through AAA. (same day policy!) Amazing agents from N. California got it done for me.
No upfront fees or anything. (just the 1st month payment)

You just have to call agents in Northern California, theyā€™re able to process and give you the policy the very same day! In Southern California there is a 15 day waiting period.

If anyone in California needs a same day policy DM me and Iā€™ll give you the contact info.
Thank you for all the help and recommendation people, appreciate it!

3 Likes

Wish I saw this sooner. Had a heck of a time finding insurance for same day. SoCal AAA had that 14-day wait period and my previous insurance had same policy.

Donā€™t understand that, in Cali you have to have insurance to drive yet these companies make you wait.

Ended up with Mercury that a broker found who was able to do same day. Found others too but they were over double the Mercury coverage cost.

In the other quotes, the EVs were triple the cost of the ICEā€¦ but the Mercury insurance it was opposite.

1 Like

Which ev do you have?

EQS and Etron GT

I switched carriers and eqs and etron are now similar prices as ICE

1 Like

It is not just California. Anytime you terminate your insurance or go a period without insurance they will penalize you. Iā€™m glad you found a company to insure you. If they are high wait a couple months and switch once your in the system as having a current policy.

1 Like

Ok good! Im looking at a eqe and a ariya. Iā€™m definitely hesitant on the eqe because of the insurance. I need to find a broker and get away from allstate. Questionā€¦ Do you have a house policy that you combine with your cars?

Yes switched to allstate. Home owners was $300 more than what I was paying but car savings offset it

1 Like

I believe that high-priced auto insurance is occurring throughout the country, even if you have a clean driving record. I am getting nothing less than a little over $900 for 6 months of coverage. The last ticket or accident was well over 10-15 years ago. I have seen a few suggested USAA, they were one of the highest priced when I got my quote from them.