Structuring deal to have 0 down

I am new to leasing and all post suggests that structure a deal to have 0 down, however dealers advertise with downpayment, how do you go from advertised deal with a down payment to 0 down and possibly negotiate to replace with MSD To lower monthly?

Are you asking how to calculate it as $0 DAS or how to get the dealer to do $0 DAS?

2 Likes

structure the deal for them. advertised deals mean nothing and should not be used for negotiation points.

Both would be helpful to know. Thank you.

Thank you.

Best bet for calculating is to plug everything into the leasehackr calc and click the $0 das button, however, if you’re trying to do it quickly, you can go

(monthly*(1-number of months)+DAS)/number of months=adjusted monthly

As for getting the dealer to structure it that way, just tell them you want $0 DAS.

1 Like

After you have:

• verified with Edmunds
  • Plugged it all into the calculator to find the floor (because the actual sales price is at this point a guess)

You contact them by email to:

1. Negotiate the pre-incentive sales price
  2. verify the incentives
  3. Then ask them for a lease quote for Months/Miles/$0 due at signing (not just “down” but DAS) - usually here I’ll tell them “I’d like to roll everything in but I’m willing to put down the maximum security deposit to reduce the money factor” - others will come back at this point and propose the lease terms, it depends on your comfort controlling the deal.

After all that, when the calculator says $300 and they say $499, you know what to negotiate down to(ward) and where the markup is (MF).

Now others will say it doesn’t matter how the sausage is made, and I agree. If the calculator says 300 and I got them to 309 (which I’m good with) but they want to mark this up and this down and bippity boppity boop - who cares? where do I sign? But If you don’t know the floor is 300 and they go from 499 to 449 and “do we have a deal” - the answer is no. Your deal can buy them dinner not a boat payment (or a boat).

You open your mouth, and you say: “I’m not putting money down.”

2 Likes

sighs The search function is truly an amazing tool.

1 Like

Thank you Jeisensc

1 Like

Thank you BoardWalkNJ