Stingy South Florida

are you saying BMW corporate has made a decision to continue to allow Delray to lease 2018s ?

As of last month, yes.

Programs released Monday so, it might have changed.

1 Like

They did. All have ended on MY18

Florida seems like a perfect place to use a broker, as is mentioned a few times above. There are 10+ BMW dealerships between Miami and West Palm. The math is no different there than in NY/NJ, DMV or Cali, they need to sell cars. Somehow they all seem to have decided they are going to be very very reluctant to give great deals. But there is still a lot of competition and there will be times a dealership needs to move metal. Seems like dealerships might be more willing to give a good deal to a broker than a individual off the street (which I think is a reasonable move as it effectively allows you to segment customers).

I have never had issues finding great lease deals in South Florida. I had to go to Bradenton for a Cadillac ATS-V, but got the car for $10k off of MSRP and a grossly inflated residual. VW is typically good as we have two of the largest dealers in SE Florida and they compete for gross sales bonuses instead of margins on each car. Just leased a BMW loaner in Delray Beach, again very aggressive deal.

2 Likes

I match or beat any discount but there is rate + dealer fee.

I tried to pull some of these deals off when I first started, and I got close but not ones posted on here.

Even worked with a few brokers on here and was able to get some deals done.

I never tell dealers what deal I have currently. If they do not want to put their cards on table with their deal, I certainly do not want them to take the easy way out and just match it.

It’s not fair to the dealer that dropped their pants… :slight_smile:

That logic I simply do not understand.

Does that really matter?

If you are looking for the lowest price why wouldn’t you disclose that information?

You are not shopping for anything except a price. If you were, you would’ve bought it at the first dealership because of the efforts of the sales person and his customer service, correct?

That just makes for a longer search and a stressful one in my opinion.

Its way easier to say "Hey, can you beat this offer from “x store”? Rather than starting from square 1 every time.

You will have the answer you are searching for faster.

If you spent time at a dealership, or even exchanging emails, few dealers will be near the quote that you are originally shopping. Especially on the first quote.

The one flaw with your strategy is discovering what the dealerships lowest number is. Let’s say from dealer 1 you get $500 and you think it’s a good deal but you go talk to dealer 2 and tell them to beat $500 and they do and give you $475. But what you didn’t know is that dealer 2 would have actually gone as low as $450. So what you just did is give away that $25, because all they had to do was just beat your number not give you dealer 2’s lowest number.

Doeant always work out that way though. For me I only tell them the number to beat if I’m making zero headway and close to walking. There is no secret formula. I really believe that a LARGE portion of a good deal is timing and luck, of course there are other things but you need those to make it happen.

I think this sums it up perfectly. At the end of the day, for me it’s the negotiations that I enjoy. For the first CA that I come into contact with, that spends a lot of time with me, I always take care of them if I don’t purchase the car from them.

I am not going to reward a dealer that just wants to match my best price. Car negotiation is not new to me, I personally have a formula that works best for me and it is holding true while I shop for a M340i.

1 Like

:thinking: if you don’t purchase, how exactly is that possible? just curious

1 Like

I write a thank you card and put a $100 bill in it.

I have also sat down at my local dealer and have said. “ I am not going to tell you the best price, that I have in writing, but going to give you three chances to beat it, usually they always come through at 3”

I would agree with you but, if you are probing leasehackr you are well aware of what is possible.

If you are blindly shopping around you are 100% correct.

I agree that if people do thier homework and gather info on here then they are in a MUCH better position than someone off the street. But, and this is usually the case in all negotiations, if your negotiating a low price and say what your target number is most probably if thief number is lower you’ll never find what it is. Now I will say just because you see an amazing deal posted here doesn’t mean it’s the best possible deal, there might be more. On the flip end at some point it’ll might just not worth your time to keep negotiating for that $5 or $10, just depends how hard line you play.

You and I have muuuuuch different approaches. I work fairly hard to earn my money and even harder to keep it. I want the dealership to either sell me the car I want at the price I want or ask me to leave or realize that I’ve taken up so much of their time they will be pissed if they don’t make the sale. I never treat anyone with disrespect (my time is as important as thiers) I treat it as a business transaction and have fun playing their game that it’s emotional. I also understand that I won’t win every time and I have to acknowledge when I need to pack up my bag and walk out. Of course it gets fun because they always try and throw something at you then and for some reason they all tell me “let’s try and be reasonable”.

So can I try and sell you that BMW, fail and then get my card with a $100 in it? I promise it will be worth your time and I can get you a great deal! :innocent::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I will save the 3 dollars on the card :slight_smile:

What are you saying?

There are no “dealer fees” around the rest of the country. At least not from where I hail.

Are you talking about Prep? Like when you wash the car? Yeah it’s like between $125-195

What FLA dealers do is total nonsense and should be overturned by state law.

Oh and save all the snark about how everybody wants to pay 100 bux and get it all tossed in for free.

In any negotiation, the buyer wants to pay as little as possible, the seller wants to make a profit.

All that other jazz about the buyers being “CHEAP”. It’s 2nd grade dog at my homework stuff.

The average price paid whether LEASE &/or purchase in the state of FL compared to the other 49 is higher.

Sick of all the make believe billionaires hanging out in their overaged Lebron Jerseys.

Lebron sucks.

Oh what’s wrong Generation Mipendulum, no more ways to “add on” sneak fees to make profits where you don’t have to do any actually selling?

Come Ahhhhhn Maaaaan

Saw some volvo dealership advertising no dealer fee and thought cool maybe no dealer fees is starting to catch on in florida.

Look at one of the pricings for one of their vehicles and saw a mysterious $1400 add on baked into the pricing. End up being a fee for some wax job they tag all their vehicles with

1 Like