Stingy South Florida

Seems like the market in South Florida is very stingy when it comes to deals. Would it be better to contact out of state dealers and then just have the car shipped.

1 Like

Or drive it down yourself.

You have a unique situation down there that allows for dealers to adopt a ā€œtake it or leave itā€ approach combined with awful doc fees.

3 Likes

This has been asked and answered many times

5 Likes

Isnā€™t this like the millionth thread lol

4 Likes

Although Florida definitely doesnā€™t generally have the plethora of deals we see posted here, I have had good luck with some BMW dealers on the west coast of the state. Hintā€¦try Ft Myers.

1 Like

Sorry not trying to be a troll ,trying to get use to these forums, did a search nothing came up under south Florida, thanks to those who gave positive help to my question.

3 Likes

Work with a broker if possible. Just did a deal with a broker on this site and let me tell you even with my best effort and armed with all the numbers some of these dealers will not budge and I couldnā€™t come close to the deal I got from the broker.

1 Like

Hello Everyone
First of all I apologize if this question has been asked before but I did try to search here but could not get a definitive answer or suggestion about this. I was wondering that since Florida Market is kinda bad from leasing perspective,what other options we can explore here? Would it make sense to work with a broker from out of state who can deliver the car to FL (Tampa Area) or perhaps work with dealers in GA perhaps or any other state and get the car from there?

Has anyone explored any of the above options and if yes could you kindly share the experience along with details of the broker / dealer

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind assistance and guidance

Get ready for the forum shaming! I myself was debating if this is a better option! Will follow to see if anyone has good advice or can direct you to a previous post!

Depends. You didnā€™t say what vehicle you looking to lease. Iā€™m over on the west side of Florida. I just leased 2 vehicles. Worked with a broker here on this site for one lease and the other one I did the leg work. The broker deal was great. But know this, you may have to travel some to get the deal. For us, it was a no brainer. The lease I worked, I also had to drive about an hour. Would do it again. Some of the dealers because they are lower volume just canā€™t compete. Even if you arm yourself with all the numbers, they wonā€™t budge. The lease deal I did was all by email. The broker deal the same. Only visit to the dealer was to sign the paperwork and drive away.

Itā€™s not as bad as some make it out to seem. Itā€™s all about timing, right dealer, and right manager.

1 Like

Mind PMā€™ing me where because Iā€™ve been in SW for a bit, know some of the principals personally and quite a few strike me as amazing pains in the ā€œblankā€ compared to some others.

Know you donā€™t know me but can you PM the names of the dealerships where you had an easy go. I hate the whole FL dealer fee/ doc fee stuff so I guess I just wonā€™t read the Contracts lol

All we really want in FL is to get ā€œcomparableā€ pricing to the NY/CA markets.

All this you pay more for a FL car stuff is silly. They used to play this in the MidAtlantic states tooā€¦ If itā€™s fresh inventory on a 4000 mile demo, thereā€™s no major difference except faster wearing rubber due to heat and smoking hot road surfaces

1 Like

It is bad as it seems, no exaggerations. You for example claimed you got a good deal on the G20 but you couldnā€™t even post the dealer because you had to get their permission which i am assuming they decline to since you have not updated your thread. Deals here are few and far between. If you know someone at the dealer then you maybe able to score a good deal or simply just your lucky day.

I used a broker for the wifeā€™s RX350 last year and he got frustrated since the dealer attempted to renege on the deal made as soon as we were ready to sign. The Broker had to contact another dealer who happen to be their sister dealership. Sister dealership took the same offer previous dealer had agreed to. When they heard that, they suddenly changed their tune. Offered to deliver car at home and commit to initial offer they had agreed upon with some additional perks. At that point I was like" screw them" but the broker advised me to just take the deal since it ended up being even better than the initial one they had renege on.

My current lease I handled myself and had to leave the first Lexus dealer I went to due to their BS. Drove to Kendal and got my Lexus and even then it werenā€™t the best experience. These guys are sharks, they treat you as if youā€™re incompetent. I happen to have a degree in Accounting so i know the numbers etc, they donā€™t like that. You mention MSD and itā€™s as though you are offending them. So yes, SFL sucks buying/leasing luxury cars.

I will be getting a G20 in a month or two and it looks like hiring a broker and or buying out of state are my only options.

3 Likes

Yeah I hate it not because I mind the travel and driving it back which sucks.

But with all this drive to 10k leases which are terrible to begin with, who wants to break in your new ā€œGreat dealā€ sucking up the first 1200 because the dude down the street wants you to pay 7000 more over the life of the deal.

Exaggerating but yeah you get the idea Iā€™m sure.

Now if you want LEASE ā€˜returnsā€™ ā€¦ FL is paradise. Thereā€™s 2-3 operations here if you want to own your metal which blow away the rest of the US.

But mostly on this forum we want the front half of the Depreciation. Who cares about the tail end? Weā€™re gone.

1 Like

A good start would be to name the vehicles you have an interest in. I leased my 2019 RDX in October. Just recently leased a 2019 Dodge Challenger RT and my son went thru a broker here, Mani_is_kool. All 3 leases went according to plan and budget.

1 Like

No need to apologize. I will never understand why some of the regulars in this forum feel the need to post replies to questions, that provide no useful information.

7 Likes

I thought I did pretty good on my deal considering itā€™s a brand new car with a new design. If you want to know the dealer, PM me.

Iā€™m simply just talking about my personal experiences with leasing in South Florida. Just takes the right dealer, right car, and right sales manager. Iā€™ve had some pretty good success in recent years. A lot of people on this forum have this mindset that every deal needs to be a unicorn. There are still good deals to be had.

Totally agreed.