Stellantis Financial Services 3rd party Lease Buyout Policy

i believe retaining unearned interest should be illegal

It would not surprise me at all if ā€œremaining lease paymentsā€ actually means ā€œremaining base lease paymentsā€

1 Like

So hereā€™s some info from my contract.

For my own buyout:
My rough math on the base payments plus residual minus unearned rent do get me to the ballpark of the selling price. And if it was my buyout Iā€™d have to pay MA taxesā€¦ and there goes all that TRX profit.

And the other risk here is that they can determine a realized value which is the same tricks that Ally and US bank play for non CDJR dealers.

1 Like

Yah, thats typical personal buyout language with unearned rent charge not being due

So I guess Iā€™m reading this that when I take this to the CDJR dealer to sell my TRX, theyā€™re paying what I expected my buyout to be (for instance if it was a CCAP lease) and another $2k ā€œparticipation feeā€ which is less than Iā€™d pay in taxes. Not ideal and certainly would cause me to steer clear of them moving forward. But Iā€™m still walking with a check.

The $2k participation fee is if theyre a ā€œnon-supportiveā€ cdjr dealer. Doesnt apply for a dealer that sfs likes.

I think youre just going to have to wait and see what the dealer says their buyout number is.

It looks like even a supporting sfs dealer will still pay an additional $1,000 per the details a few posts above

Yeah I know they havenā€™t done a lot of business with SFS yet so I assume 2k if another $1k shows up great ā€¦ though itā€™s possible Iā€™d have been better off with Ally because they are an Ally affiliate dealer. Sfs was a lower payment and Ally was still a dice roll.

My deal still hasnā€™t funded yet so still hoops to jump through for what will now be a few grand.

And with my 22k Maverick built and shipped Iā€™m likely to make a lot more on that vs this one.

To paraphrase the Mercedes ads. Itā€™s CCAP or nothing. And thankfully CCAP wonā€™t go away as a ā€œcapitiveā€ until end of 2025 at the earliest.

Agreed. Definitely looks like at least $1k.

@Bumboola @beep how long did your contract take to fund? I canā€™t register or ship until mine does and wondering if Iā€™m looking at days or weeks. Iā€™m a week out from returning paperwork.

I signed yesterday morning so no clue yet :sweat_smile:

@harrydogyo my 4xe GC was signed on April 30. Still nothing in their system. Spoke with Chrysler/Stellantis and the dealership yesterday and they said deal should be funded by Friday. So 3 weeks was my experience.

This news makes CCAP 13% apr on trx seem like a deal.

4 Likes

Ugh, Good to know. Thanks!

mine was through Chrysler also. picked it up 5/6 and got email to set up my account on 5/14.

Biggest surprise of the week was Chappie allows you to schedule pick up as soon as documents are back in house, no wait to fund.

Itā€™s always been like this

For chappie maybe. All other cjdr dealers Iā€™ve worked with want contract funded before pick up.

CCAP prorates the buyout? Iā€™ve only done a buyout through Ally, and they didnā€™t prorate it. Charged me every remaining payment in full.

I have never seen a lease contract that charges unearned rent charge on a buyout, ally included.

I have seen people misinterpret early terminations or 3rd party buyouts as first party buyouts though.