Started offer with Vroom, Carvana offer upped, am I stuck with Vroom?

Have a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE that I am working on selling. Vroom came within $1500 of payoff (I would owe $1500 to Vroom) and Carvana was way behind. I accepted offer and started paperwork side of things with Vroom under the assumption that offers wouldn’t get any higher. I then saw the post for beat Carvana by $2000 Beating CARVANA’s sell your car offers by $2,000 and filled everything out slowly waiting for a reply. Still haven’t heard anything on that but I did decide to hop on Carvana just to see and they are now within $1000 of my payoff, they went up by $2k ish in the last couple of days. Today I received the Power of Attorney letters from Vroom for me to fill out and send back. I haven’t signed the contract entirely, I filled out my half, my wife didn’t yet (co-signed). I was looking to move quick on this because I don’t want to pay the next month’s payment on the car.

My question is am I on the hook for anything with Vroom if I bail now? I didn’t see anything in the contract about if I back out. Power of attorney is still sitting with me.

No if you didn’t sign anything yet you are not obligated to sell the car to Vroom.

You can walk away. At best you wasted someone at Vroom’s time and $100 for fedex but that’s it.

And really that’s what I thought. I just wanted to see if anyone else had price shopped while being almost committed to an offer that they didn’t have any repercussions

How about if you signed the docusign documents but not the final fed ex paperwork?

It seems they do rely on the FedEx paperwork to really close the contract. I had sent in the DocuSign information a day or two before the FedEx paperwork and didn’t hear anything. FedEx paperwork went through and then heard about the next step

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill