SQ5 Prestige - Texas

Ummm ok. The truth hurts i guess

1 Like

Hi @NickDH, it seems he answered all your questions. I’m not sure why you’d view as “trolling”.

1. MSDs are an easy way to reduce your monthly payment without any risk, so not sure why you’d dismiss so quickly. You could get down to paying practically 0% interest.

2. I agree with @26-2, if you’re not happy with their discount, why not email all dealers within 500 miles and work for a better one? Also, why not tell the dealer what kind of discount you’d expect obtaining? Search around the forum to find a reasonable discount.

3. Audi’s residuals are always on the low side. These are set numbers that dealers cannot change. Audi’s RVs are not inflated like other manufacturers (BMW). That’s why people are always saying, “Audi’s don’t typically lease well”.

4. @26-2 is 100% right. Dealers do this all the time. Easy moneymaker, that’s easy to hide in the paperwork.

5. @26-2 is right again. The Prestige trim lowers the RV, so P+ numbers will look better everyday, all day.

If you’re set on the Prestige you’ll get a worse deal. Have you looked into a BMW X3 M40i instead? They tend to lease a lot better.

1 Like

Sq5 premium plus leases better than the x3m40i. The best deals on that Beamer are on loaners/demos, which there seem to be a lot of available. For whatever reason, Audi doesn’t have a whole fleet of retired vehicles for sale (the way bmw and Volvo do).

Many people here, myself included, have gotten killer deals on sq5. But they’re all premium plus and almost all of us did msd to get there.

The irony is that a lot of people lease cars they can’t afford, which means they also can’t come up with the MSDs to make the payment more affordable.

Divide that by zero.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi @TS98 - appreciate your thoughtful answers. I’m new to leasing so been reading through other posts trying to learn more tips - yours helped a lot too.

1. Thanks for the tip - I’ll reconsider and discuss with the dealers.
  2. I’ll broaden my search and check with other dealers. Generally, is it good practice to say I’m working with other dealers and list out what my best deal is and if they can beat it?
  3. Ah, good to know that dealers don’t control these. It seem from the OP of this thread, they were getting and RV - 59% (with Audicare). Would you know why they were able to get 7% better RV on a Prestige?
  4. Got it. With tip from #2, I hope to get a better MF from other dealers.
  5. And yeah, I am set on Prestige. I’ve looked into the X3 (really fast!) and my wife is just super not into it. It’ll be her daily driver, so helping her get into the car she really likes.

Thanks again - I’ll keep hunting.

You’re welcome.

1. Use Cargurus and find the ones that have been listed the longest. They’ll be more motivated to sell those, as long as it’s current model year. Yeah, there’s no harm letting dealers know you’re shopping around.

2. You can’t really compare deals from last November to today’s market. MF, RV, and incentives change on a monthly basis. The SQ5 was newer to the market back then, so maybe that was the cause for a higher RV??

3. Just a reminder, Edmunds will have the current base MF. If dealer marks it up, and won’t go to base, find a new dealer. The only caveat, is if they’re willing to discount so much further than other dealers, that the markup makes for a better payment.

4. I get it. Just for comparison, have a dealer price out a P+ and see just how much money per month you’re paying to get the packages you really want. That will give perspective just how much you’re paying for the added goodies.

Happy shopping!