SQ5 Prestige - Texas

Do not go into dealers. Email them, lay out the terms. The lease program for SQ5s absolutely allows for MSDs. Once you and the dealer agree to the terms only then will you go in and sign.

I have only been emailing. All three dealers have said no to MSDs. Spoke directly to finance manager.

Where are you in the US?

Connecticut

Best now is $675 with sales tax and $5000 drive off. Would prefer not to put that much down.
Discount + incentives = 10% of MSRP

New Country in Greenwich does MSDs, try them.

I will try them again. They were not able to find me a car and said I’d have to wait for the 2019’s. The ones on their website are actually not available.

That’s odd they have 9 listed for sale on their site at the moment. If not them consider NJ or MA/RI

I know but the Black and Gray ones are not really available. I will check the site again. The said that the Daytona one was sold but not yet picked up and the Black one had its wheels stolen so was not available until they resolved that situation.

I am specifically looking for Magma Red interior and most options.

1 Like

Someone went into a dealer lot and stole wheels?

YUP! The car is being held for ‘evidence’. :slight_smile:

Howdy! Saw this thread which seems to fit my situation, and I’m new to leasing (and Leasehackr, so sorry if I’m putting this in the wrong place). Was hoping to get some advise/help…

I am in Texas and have been looking for an SQ5 (2019). Have always bought my car but figured I might give leasing a whirl. After a bunch of sorting I found this car that essentially has all the options I want (https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTab_true_0&selectedEntity=d2237&zip=32801#listing=232336515)

I don’t want the cold-weather package, but otherwise, this seems to be the only Azores Green 2019 Prestige with the warm-weather package, S-sport pack, etc. I have been in discussions with one dealership and they’ve told me the best they can do is:

Ship car for free from Orlando
Will discount to 63K from ~70K
$798/month for 39 months with 10K miles
$4500 taxes/fees, no additional drive offs

Told me they “cannot do” MSDs… dunno about that.

Anyway, of course this is his “best price” so I’m just trying to see if anyone might have any thoughts on this. I don’t have any other details, but could certainly try to pry them loose.

Thanks!

That’s $913 effective payment. Pretty stout for a $70k car. As you’ll hear 100x, consider a Premium Plus for better residual. The Prestige trim takes an already poor-leasing marque and ups the prices and lowers the RV. Not ideal for payments.

If you’re married to a color and specific options, then you’re kinda outside the LH mindset already.

Good luck.

:bat:

Call me at+19492221010
I can help you with a much better deal

Thank you! I see what you are saying…

1 Like

In Texas it appears it’s imperative to find an in-state dealer who has tax credits. That’s an immediate savings of 5% of $65,000 or whatever the selling price is.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen as many SQ5 deals lately but that’s way more than it’s worth. I like the Azores green but there are a few nice colors, and if you are set on that color you might be best custom ordering from a dealer in Texas that will do a better deal.

As @max_g said, for the best deals Texas residents tend to have to restrict ourselves to Texas dealers as sales tax credits are such a big factor. Have you gotten quotes from any dealers in Texas? Sewell Audi tend to throw tax credits around like confetti.

Tagging onto this thread with my own Texas based SQ5 Prestige lease attempt. Like the OP, I’m only going Prestige because we take a few family road trips a year and use the adaptive cruise control a LOT. I’m working with two dealers now and both are coming in pretty close. Here’s dealer 2’s offer (best so far):

2019 SQ5 Prestige
36m/12k
MSRP: $69,600
Discount: -$6981
Rebate: -$1750
Added tint: +$399
Trade in: +$400 (negative equity…ok with this)
TTL/Fees: +$342
MF: .00074 (dealer 1’s MF is .00044)
MSDs: 0
RV: 52% with Audicare (this seems crazy low)
Tax: 6.25%
Tax: TX rebate 5%
DAS: $1000
Per month: $864

Questions/thoughts:

1. Not incredibly interested in doing MSDs and haven’t asked for them
  2. With the 5% tax discount, it seems they’re really only giving me a ~5% dealer discount. How likely are they to budge on this?
  3. Why is RV seems so low. I know prestige gets lower, but I’ve seen Prestige SQ5s on here RVs closer to 59-60% w/Audi care?
  4. Any idea why one dealership would quote a different MF when we’re 800+ credit rating?
  5. I feel like $864 is way worse a deal than I should be getting. I was hoping for mind $700s per month. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help - I’ve really leveled up my leasing experience from reading through this forum/faqs and appreciate the great community here.

Edit: Removed mention of 5% discount including tax rebate and added it as a new line item under Tax.

Got a quick clarification: dealer responded and said the 5% tax discount is reflected the final monthly price (just not in the writeup he gave me). So dealer discount is 10%

1. Ok
  2. Don’t ask us ask other dealers within 500 miles of your location.
  3. Because Audi can
  4. Dealer profit
  5. It’s a bad deal because the prestige trim never leases well on top of Audi not leasing great to begin with.

Well crafted answers to provide the least possible value. So many helpful people around here and you chose to spend your time trolling.

1 Like