Sports and Luxury car deals

That comparison doesn’t make sense because leasing a demo offers a significant savings in exchange for ~1k miles on the odo as opposed to marginal savings at a significant cost for off-lease purchasing. To give you an example, I have a Genesis lease where my total lease cost was cut in half because my car had 1,000 miles on it. Still even had that new car smell that you like, too. So in my case, that thousand miles saved me about $10,000.

Buying off-lease offers savings in exchange for no warranty, no new car smell, and a significant number of miles clocked. You also have 3 year old technology and a car that’s really been around the block.

So if the cost-to-benefit ratio of leasing isn’t clear to you, leasing may not be for you. But this is an application that applies to many other things in life, beyond leasing. It’s like buying an open-box item from Best Buy or something from Amazon Warehouse. Significant savings at a small cost.

3 Likes

Except it’s not selling as new. You get significant savings for it and 1K-5K miles is barely used, it’s not even due the first service in most cases.

You’d pay the same for a 3K mile used 540i or a 25 mile new 328i (to give any random example). I’d be inclined to take that deal If I’m only keeping it for the length of a lease.

2 Likes

Same. PM me also thanks!

Long time lurker, barely have posted. Not sure if the group here thinks the Jag XF falls into this category, but picked up my 2017 Jaguar Xf r sport loaner AWD for 399/mo plus tax 10k/yr., 33 month lease.
I think the MSRP was just under 68k. For me, it was a huge step up from an Infiniti Q40 lease (which was nicer than any other car I ever had haha).

Anyways, with all the incentives right now since 2018s are out I think there’s still great deals to be had on the 2017 Jag sedans and I haven’t seen a ton of posts about them lately.

1 Like

399 for a 68k car is a great deal! Congrats!

1 Like

I like this thread and the general idea.

Agreed … if you don’t mind something unusual, Jag sedans are leasing well.

That’s a great deal. Beats the Volvo S90 deals I think. Of course, a few people have passed gas in that car as one of the posters said, but same goes for restaurants and public transportation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To save 25% on a 60K car…yeah “second hand” with 5K miles is great.

Also see “second hand” skis and golf clubs which can be had for 60% off new price after being used a handful of times. Tip: a ski used 3 times is 99.99% as good as a ski used 0 times. There are a ton of things for sale that can be had for pennies on the dollar as “second hand” that are virtually indistinguishable from new. But in order to get those savings we need people like you to pay full price on the new version. So thanks for the valuable service. :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t think you want a sports car driven by me for 5k miles… stick with your 320i and A3s

Your trolling is pretty good, but needs some refinement.

1 Like

How am I trolling. I just negotiated a heck of a deal for a hellcat using this site… and what do you drive again?

1 Like

Like I said, just need a bit of refinement. Otherwise a solid B+

1 Like

Good in theory. Hopefully it can get on track.

So you got your Hellcat and now you don’t need another car so you hate on people looking for good deals smh

2 Likes

There is zero hate. Just don’t catagorize used vs new. I rather pay $10-20 more per month knowing it wasn’t a loaner vehicle (youtube it) or someone’s pet was all over the rear seats or abused sports car knowing how I drive

tumblr_lnmtio9iLO1qlabb2o1_500

1 Like

Granted, personal preference, but you can’t categorize the whole thing as a bad idea. My viewpoint is why does it matter? You aren’t buying the car, it’s the finance companies problem after you hand it in so who cares? And when you do have it, its covered under warranty so there is nothing out of pocket. If you are a germiphobe get it properly detailed for a few hundred bucks much less than the possible savings. I think its more of an ego thing than anything else, getting a “used” car versus getting a “new” car.

4 Likes

Feel free to pay the extra several grand for your peace of mind. Pet hair and farts (ridiculous examples btw) can be removed and on a lease aka a rental, you don’t even own the car so it’s irrelevant.

4 Likes

And the best part is that one will never know if someone farted in a loaner, so it’s irrelevant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a confession to make…