Speed limits - FL

25 percent uninsured and 30 percent have a firearm in the car. 8_10 yrs ago I used to do wpb to orlando on the turnpike 2x a week, posted limit 70 and if u were over 80 they would pull u over at the speed traps. State troopers on the turnpike and they don’t fk around.

Used to be a lot more police on the road in sfl 95 but not anymore? Did a 10m run on 95 from jupiter to pbg and ran the S8 at 100, passing a few doing 90.

Seems like the police are just giving up, sad world we live in now if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Better things to do than issuing road taxes.

1 Like

don’t know about cops giving up but IL cops outside Chicago in the suburbs especially I-88 heading Kansas are bored. There will be a group of 5-6 sheriffs on top of a bridge clocking everyone with laser.

It is such scam - because they’ll pull over people from a crowd; don’t know how they get away with unless they are betting out of state folks aren’t gonna show up to court. I have seen so many times people going slower than me get pulled over

1 Like

oh they do that same bullshit here too

Do you equate the 2. I bet the people with a LEGAL arm are fully insured. I certainly am and as soon as I learned I could have a firearm here I did. Shall not be infringed and Florida actually obeys it.

4 Likes

Damn man I want a fast Audi for SoFlo.

2 Likes

I don’t equate the two and it’s irrelevant since anyone can have a weapon in their car legally with the 2 step access rule. No need for a carry lic (which I have as well)

1 Like

What does under insured mean. The minimum legal insurance in most states is woefully inadequate. In Florida it’s 10k personal injury and 10k for property - (usually the other persons vehicle). Most other states have minimums between 10k and 25k.

The average price of a USED car is about 27k.

Whether someone is insured or not, if there is serious damage to your vehicle, or you require hospitalization, the other guy is very likely not going to have enough insurance.

3 Likes

You answered your own question. :grinning:

Which is why you should always pay the extra 30-50/mo and get the highest coverages for yourself.

1 Like

I’m on 250K/500K per occurrence from Allstate. 300K property damage. $1k deductible, and a separate $2 million excess liability umbrella policy.
Stacked insurance so anything my hands touch, I am insured.
And yes I have concealed permit as well.

3 Likes

I refuse to be underinsured. I have faith in my driving, but the anxiety of a dumbass hitting ME

I think we carry like either 100/300k or 250/500k for bodily injury, and the same for uninsured and underinsured which is stacking. We also carry 1 mil extraordinary medical costs.

1 Like

After living much of my life on socal, driving in Florida is heavenly.

2 Likes

If you lease I think you need those limits anyway. The biggest issue is people not having full tort. If I become a paraplegic I don’t want my lawsuit limited to save a couple $ a month

1 Like

I live up this way and that is the one stretch of 95, between PGA and Indiantown Road, where I almost always see a State Highway Trooper or two in the Median. Usually between Donald Ross and Indiantown.

Not if you spend any time on the roads in Broward or Miami-Dade

3 Likes

I find that +10 is generally fine on state or federal highways.

1 Like

Can confirm again, as I said, was getting passed doing 80 in the middle lane on 95 and the Turnpike between PBI and FLL areas. Still had a great vacation the last few days.

1 Like

The overcrowded 2-lane stretch of Turnpike in PBC from PGA all the way to Boynton is just flat out now a dangerous stretch of road with cars weaving in and out of semis and a sea of contract trucks blocking the left lane. It’s completely out of control during afternoon hours and on weekend evenings.

Massive failure by the Turnpike Authority and State to not have the Turnpike already widened to minimum of 3 lanes throughout the county. The original plan was to be 4-lanes but the 2008 meltdown delayed the planned construction by a decade. Of course that didn’t stop them from collecting tolls for the past ~15 years.

1 Like

I had no idea about Pennsylvania’s crazy full-tort system before googling it. It’s fascinating that you pay more to retain the right to sue/basically opt out of the Commonwealth’s default no-fault system. Very much not the norm in the rest of the country.

You learn something new everyday.

5 Likes